Latest Features & Opinion
INFECTIONS IN IMMUNOCOMPROMISED PATIENTS
A collection of news, case studies, and feature articles focused on the diagnosis and management of infection processes in patients with immune systems impaired by an underlying disease.
Dr Sara Gianella Weibel talks with Dr Davey Smith, head of the Division of Infectious Disease at the University of California, San Diego, about a proposed new model to study HIV persistence, called the Last Gift study.
Rapid identification of Candida auris is crucial in order to implement appropriate precautions and avoid transmission to other patients.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Bezlotoxumab Reduces 30-Day Hospital Readmissions for C difficile Infection
- Update on Pediatric HCV: Screening, Treatment, and Other Considerations
- Guideline Update: Influenza Immunization Recommendations for 2017-2018
- Time to Sputum Culture Conversion Similar in Isoniazid-Resistant and Susceptible TB
- HCC Risk After HCV Direct-Acting Antiviral Treatment
- Mycoplasma genitalium: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- FDA: Vabomere Approved for Complicated UTI Following Priority Review
- Update on Safe, Effective Treatments for Latent Tuberculosis Infection
- Influenza Vaccination During Pregnancy Reduces Infant Risk for Acute Lower Respiratory Infection
- New CDC Guidelines for SSI Prevention Leave Unanswered Questions
- Influenza Vaccine's Effectiveness Following Repeated Vaccination
- Time to Blood Culture Positivity Predicts Pneumonia Severity and Outcome
- Medical Vaccine Exemptions Increase Following California Elimination of Personal Belief Exemptions
- Microbiome Diversity in Respiratory Tract Linked to Airway Inflammation
- Staphylococcus aureus Care Processes Associated With Reduced Mortality