Latest Features & Opinion
INFECTIONS IN IMMUNOCOMPROMISED PATIENTS
A collection of news, case studies, and feature articles focused on the diagnosis and management of infection processes in patients with immune systems impaired by an underlying disease.
Dr Sara Gianella Weibel talks with Dr Davey Smith, head of the Division of Infectious Disease at the University of California, San Diego, about a proposed new model to study HIV persistence, called the Last Gift study.
Rapid identification of Candida auris is crucial in order to implement appropriate precautions and avoid transmission to other patients.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Link Between Influenza Vaccine, Spontaneous Abortion Further Clarified
- IV Penicillin Safety in Those With Allergy History But Negative Skin Test
- Single Mutation Contributes to Fetal Microcephaly in Zika Virus
- Direct-Acting Antivirals: The Gold Standard for HCV Recurrence Following Transplantation?
- New Antiretroviral Therapy Recommendations for Pregnant Women With HIV
- Tuberculosis Diagnosis: Improved Blood Test by Qiagen to Hit Shelves
- Updated Guidelines for Management of Hospital-Acquired/Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia
- Assessing the Risk Factors of Neurocognitive Decline in HIV+ Individuals
- Influenza Vaccine in Elderly Adults: Is High-Dose Better Than Standard-Dose?
- HCC Risk After HCV Direct-Acting Antiviral Treatment
- Rapid Decrease in Lesion Size and Pain With Delafloxacin in ABSSSI
- Dalbavancin Safe, Efficacious for Skin Infections Regardless of Weight
- Respiratory Infections, Repeat Surgeries Up SSI Risk in Total Joint Arthroplasty
- Skin Diseases Remain Common in Older Adults With HIV
- Intravenous Ertapenem May Control Hidradenitis Suppurativa Symptoms