Latest Features & Opinion
INFECTIONS IN IMMUNOCOMPROMISED PATIENTS
A collection of news, case studies, and feature articles focused on the diagnosis and management of infection processes in patients with immune systems impaired by an underlying disease.
Middle-aged woman who received a heart transplant 1 year ago because of dilated cardiomyopathy now presents with mild fever and generalized weakness.
It is important to understand the relative severity of CDI in patients in the ICU because it effects treatment decisions. However, primary prevention remains a vitally important strategy to limit morbidity and mortality related to CDI in this vulnerable patient population.
Dr McKinnell provides a summary of drugs in development for infections caused by Gram-negative bacteria, including carbapenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa and carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Clinicians Warn That Zika Virus May Still Be an Area of Concern for Travelers
- Inappropriate Prescribing of Antibiotics High in Urgent Care Centers
- Fixed-Dose Bictegravir Regimen: A Safe Alternative in Adults With HIV-1
- Point-Counterpoint: Should We Implement Needle Exchange Programs for the Prevention of Hepatitis C Virus?
- FDA: Vibrio parahaemolyticus Illnesses Tied to Fresh Crab Meat From Venezuela
- Universal Purchase Programs in the United States May Not Effectively Increase Vaccination Rates
- Tick-Caused Meat Allergy on the Rise in the United States
- Prognostic Biomarkers to Guide Antibiotic Therapy in Critically Ill Patients
- Sofosbuvir/Velpatavir Effective for HCV-Infected Liver Transplant Recipients
- Should Metronidazole Be Recommended for Mild Clostridium difficile Infections?
- Same-Day ART Initiation in HIV+ Pregnant Women Does Not Worsen Outcomes
- Novel Nanodiagnostic Panel May Reduce Empiric Antifungal Use in High-Risk Candidemia
- Antimicrobial Lock Solutions Are Cost-Effective for Preventing Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections
- Predictors of Influenza Vaccine Acceptance in Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases
- Pegylated Interferon, Ribavirin May Improve LV Diastolic Dysfunction in Chronic Hepatitis C