Latest Features & Opinion
INFECTIONS IN IMMUNOCOMPROMISED PATIENTS
A collection of news, case studies, and feature articles focused on the diagnosis and management of infection processes in patients with immune systems impaired by an underlying disease.
Dr Sara Gianella Weibel talks with Dr Davey Smith, head of the Division of Infectious Disease at the University of California, San Diego, about a proposed new model to study HIV persistence, called the Last Gift study.
Rapid identification of Candida auris is crucial in order to implement appropriate precautions and avoid transmission to other patients.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria Have Long Resided on Ready-to-Eat Foods
- No Benefits Seen for Adjunctive Clindamycin in Cellulitis
- Tuberculosis Vaccine May Reverse Type 1 Diabetes
- Antimicrobial Dressing For Diabetic Foot Ulcers Improve Healing
- Antibiotic Use Ineffective in Non-Severe Meningococcal Disease
- Maternal Antibodies Hinder Antigenic Responses to Vaccines in Infants
- Sepsis-Related Mortality Decreased With Rapid Implementation of Protocol
- New Assay Targets Susceptibility to Ciprofloxacin in Gonorrhea
- Gut Microbiota Associated With Parkinson's Disease Progression
- Decrease Rate of S aureus Resistance Seen With Certain Antibiotics