Antibiotics, Antimicrobial Resistance
Optimizing outcomes with an antibiotic stewardship programs requires a team approach that involves point-of-care providers.
Compared with vancomycin, patients with ABSSSI treated with ceftaroline fosamil had significantly shorter length of hospital stay.
Physicians can help avoid contributing to antibiotic resistance by recognizing and using appropriate alternative treatments, and having a strategy so that patients are not on antibiotics for a long period of time.
Inappropriate prescribing of antibiotics is a contributing factor in antibiotic resistance.
Researchers believe implementation of treatment guidelines for children with sickle cell disease with acute chest syndrome may decrease hospital readmission rates.
New data confirms delafloxacin shows high response rates against MRSA.
Looking for a way to reduce inappropriate antibiotic use for adults with acute sore throats, researchers evaluated whether as single dose of oral corticosteriod can effectively reduce likelihood of symptom resolution.
Hospira is voluntarily recalling one lot of Vancomycin Hydrochloride for Injection after a confirmed customer reported of glass within a single vial.
The recurrence of cellulitus can be prevented by antibiotic prophylaxis.
New data finds Vabomere, a combination antibiotic for the treatment of CRE infections as best available treatment.
Azithromycin is more likely to reduce exacerbations of COPD among patients with antibodies against Helicobacter pylori.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Are Antibiotic Stewardship Programs the Antidote to Antibiotic Overuse?
- Better Detection and Treatment Needed for H pylori Infections in Children
- FDA Approves New Hepatitis B Vaccine for Adults
- Strategies for Preventing Antibiotic Resistance in Acne
- Oral HPV Prevalence Higher in Men With Concurrent Genital HPV
- Study Finds Burnout Occurs in Over Half of US Surgeons
- HPV Vaccine Linked to Lower Respiratory Papillomatosis Rates
- Novel Antifungal Agent for Treatment of Aspergillus flavus Infections
- Inappropriate Antibiotic Use for Acute Bronchitis Highest in Younger Adults
- ACP, CDC Provides Best Practice Advice on Hepatitis B Management