Vaginal microbiota dominated by L iners has been shown to exhibit rapid change in composition in and out of community states similar to bacterial vaginosis.
Recent cervical cancer screening guideline changes in Canada were associated with reduced chlamydia testing and reported new cases of chlamydia in women.
Tryptophan starvation did not completely block chlamydial development in high-risk human papillomavirus (HPV) negative C33A cell lines.
Researchers found only 3 cases of follicular trachoma and one case of infection in 2 districts, well below the World Health Organization criteria.
Bacteria's ability to spread within cells was halted, researcher says.
Although study did not establish noninferiority of azithromycin versus doxycycline.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Are Antibiotic Stewardship Programs the Antidote to Antibiotic Overuse?
- Better Detection and Treatment Needed for H pylori Infections in Children
- FDA Approves New Hepatitis B Vaccine for Adults
- Strategies for Preventing Antibiotic Resistance in Acne
- Oral HPV Prevalence Higher in Men With Concurrent Genital HPV
- Study Finds Burnout Occurs in Over Half of US Surgeons
- HPV Vaccine Linked to Lower Respiratory Papillomatosis Rates
- Novel Antifungal Agent for Treatment of Aspergillus flavus Infections
- Inappropriate Antibiotic Use for Acute Bronchitis Highest in Younger Adults
- ACP, CDC Provides Best Practice Advice on Hepatitis B Management