Vaginal microbiota dominated by L iners has been shown to exhibit rapid change in composition in and out of community states similar to bacterial vaginosis.
Recent cervical cancer screening guideline changes in Canada were associated with reduced chlamydia testing and reported new cases of chlamydia in women.
Tryptophan starvation did not completely block chlamydial development in high-risk human papillomavirus (HPV) negative C33A cell lines.
Researchers found only 3 cases of follicular trachoma and one case of infection in 2 districts, well below the World Health Organization criteria.
Bacteria's ability to spread within cells was halted, researcher says.
Although study did not establish noninferiority of azithromycin versus doxycycline.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Importance of PrEP for People Involved in Criminal Justice Systems
- Increasing Incidence of Syphilis in People With HIV
- FDA: Possible Risk of Neural Tube Birth Defects With Certain Antiretroviral Agents
- Fungal Infections of the CNS: Diagnostic and Treatment Approaches
- Study Supports Development of a Vaccine for Recurrent Vulvovaginal Candidiasis
- Early Flow Cytometry Predictive of Clinical Deterioration in Sepsis
- Could a New Universal Tuberculosis Regimen Help End the TB Pandemic?
- Hepatitis C Virus Infection Linked to Gut Dysbiosis
- Two Hepatitis C Virus Infection Treatments to Be Discontinued
- Antibiotic Use During Pregnancy May Increase Risk for Childhood Asthma