The incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma after sustained virological response has not increased with the widespread use of all oral direct antivirals regimens as suggested in previous studies, according to a new study.
Prevalence of active HIV-HCV coinfection may decrease to 1.1% in France over the next decade.
Researchers quantify inducible virus in long-term suppressed patients that was missed by the gold standard assay that measures the latent reservoir.
Study looking at the use of 2 frequently used protease inhibitors (atazanavir and darunavir) is suggesting that cumulative use of darunavir may be independently associated with a small but gradually increasing cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk.
New study suggests that the vaginal microbiome may modify tenofovir delivery.
A new vaccine candidate uses an mRNA platform to deliver safe, low doses of a vaccine that offers high levels of sustained protection against Zika virus.
Investigational combination of a once-daily 2-drug regimen of dolutegravir plus rilpivirine may be as effective as a 3- or 4-drug current antiretroviral regimen in HIV-1-infected patients.
Viral loads can fluctuate over time depending on patients' access and response to HIV treatment, their medication adherence behavior, and care status.
The once-daily dosing doravirine appears to have similar efficacy and to be non-inferior to once-daily ritonavir-boosted darunavir (DRV+r) on a background of 2 NRTIs in HIV-1 treatment-naïve adults.
The current sexual prevention guidelines recommend that men use condoms or abstain from sex for 6 months after Zika virus exposure. Now there are strong data to support these guidelines.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Are Antibiotic Stewardship Programs the Antidote to Antibiotic Overuse?
- Better Detection and Treatment Needed for H pylori Infections in Children
- FDA Approves New Hepatitis B Vaccine for Adults
- Strategies for Preventing Antibiotic Resistance in Acne
- Oral HPV Prevalence Higher in Men With Concurrent Genital HPV
- Study Finds Burnout Occurs in Over Half of US Surgeons
- HPV Vaccine Linked to Lower Respiratory Papillomatosis Rates
- Novel Antifungal Agent for Treatment of Aspergillus flavus Infections
- Inappropriate Antibiotic Use for Acute Bronchitis Highest in Younger Adults
- ACP, CDC Provides Best Practice Advice on Hepatitis B Management