The incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma after sustained virological response has not increased with the widespread use of all oral direct antivirals regimens as suggested in previous studies, according to a new study.
Prevalence of active HIV-HCV coinfection may decrease to 1.1% in France over the next decade.
Researchers quantify inducible virus in long-term suppressed patients that was missed by the gold standard assay that measures the latent reservoir.
Study looking at the use of 2 frequently used protease inhibitors (atazanavir and darunavir) is suggesting that cumulative use of darunavir may be independently associated with a small but gradually increasing cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk.
New study suggests that the vaginal microbiome may modify tenofovir delivery.
A new vaccine candidate uses an mRNA platform to deliver safe, low doses of a vaccine that offers high levels of sustained protection against Zika virus.
Investigational combination of a once-daily 2-drug regimen of dolutegravir plus rilpivirine may be as effective as a 3- or 4-drug current antiretroviral regimen in HIV-1-infected patients.
Viral loads can fluctuate over time depending on patients' access and response to HIV treatment, their medication adherence behavior, and care status.
The once-daily dosing doravirine appears to have similar efficacy and to be non-inferior to once-daily ritonavir-boosted darunavir (DRV+r) on a background of 2 NRTIs in HIV-1 treatment-naïve adults.
The current sexual prevention guidelines recommend that men use condoms or abstain from sex for 6 months after Zika virus exposure. Now there are strong data to support these guidelines.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria Have Long Resided on Ready-to-Eat Foods
- Infections Complicate Biologic Use in Autoimmune Inflammatory Disorders
- Tuberculosis Vaccine May Reverse Type 1 Diabetes
- No Benefits Seen for Adjunctive Clindamycin in Cellulitis
- Telbivudine During Early Pregnancy Prevents HBV Transmission
- Maternal Antibodies Hinder Antigenic Responses to Vaccines in Infants
- Sepsis-Related Mortality Decreased With Rapid Implementation of Protocol
- New Assay Targets Susceptibility to Ciprofloxacin in Gonorrhea
- Gut Microbiota Associated With Parkinson's Disease Progression
- Decrease Rate of S aureus Resistance Seen With Certain Antibiotics