First-hand accounts of the care that was delivered during the 2013-16 West African outbreak of Ebola virus disease provided impetus for these guidelines.
Survivors of Ebola virus disease have localized pathological changes in photoreceptors.
Study provides new data on the durability of the humoral immune response up to 2 years after single-dose injection with rVSV-ZEBOV vaccine in a population of primarily European ancestry, and additional data on durability at 1 year after vaccination in 2 African populations.
Two vaccines to prevent Ebola virus disease demonstrated immune responses at 1 month.
An Ebola virus vaccine, rVSVΔG-ZEBOV-GP, provided 100% protection against Ebola in a prior phase 3 trial. A new study reports long-term safety data and shows that the vaccine induces an antibody response for at least 1 year.
A small percentage of Ebola virus survivors have a novel retinal lesion as a result of the disease.
The number of suspected Ebola cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo has risen to 37.
A strategy of preemptive use of an AD26.ZEBOV followed by MVA-BN-Filo immunization schedule in at-risk populations may offer advantages over reactive use of single-dose vaccine regimens.
Changes in messenger RNA abundance proved to be a reliable means of predicting patient's chances of surviving Ebola virus disease.
A new vaccine for Ebola showed high efficacy in preventing the development of Ebola in clusters of people exposed to the virus, and protection was also conferred to those who were not vaccinated.
Liberia's Men's Health Screening Program for Ebola survivors successful in spite of complex challenges.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Importance of PrEP for People Involved in Criminal Justice Systems
- Increasing Incidence of Syphilis in People With HIV
- FDA: Possible Risk of Neural Tube Birth Defects With Certain Antiretroviral Agents
- Fungal Infections of the CNS: Diagnostic and Treatment Approaches
- Study Supports Development of a Vaccine for Recurrent Vulvovaginal Candidiasis
- Early Flow Cytometry Predictive of Clinical Deterioration in Sepsis
- Could a New Universal Tuberculosis Regimen Help End the TB Pandemic?
- Hepatitis C Virus Infection Linked to Gut Dysbiosis
- Two Hepatitis C Virus Infection Treatments to Be Discontinued
- Antibiotic Use During Pregnancy May Increase Risk for Childhood Asthma