First-hand accounts of the care that was delivered during the 2013-16 West African outbreak of Ebola virus disease provided impetus for these guidelines.
WHO reports two cases of the deadly virus were confirmed near the border with Uganda.
Two of the first 10 people to receive an experimental Ebola treatment have recovered from the highly dangerous disease.
Four more experimental treatments for Ebola virus have been approved by the Congo health ministry for use in an outbreak of the deadly infectious disease in the country's northeast.
First to be vaccinated will be health workers, contacts of confirmed Ebola patients
The number of confirmed cases in a new Ebola outbreak in Congo has reached 13, including three deaths.
Just a week after being declared Ebola-free, the DRC said that a new outbreak of the deadly virus has killed at least 20 people.
Outbreak report describes transmission of Ebola virus one year after survival of Ebola virus disease.
The latest Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo is over according to the WHO.
Survivors of Ebola virus disease have localized pathological changes in photoreceptors.
Study provides new data on the durability of the humoral immune response up to 2 years after single-dose injection with rVSV-ZEBOV vaccine in a population of primarily European ancestry, and additional data on durability at 1 year after vaccination in 2 African populations.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- The Misuse of Antibiotics in Acute Pancreatitis Appears Widespread
- ART Reduces Neurocognitive Impairment in Patients Living With HIV
- Polio-Like Condition in Children on Rise in the United States
- Pneumococcal H Influenzae Protein D Conjugate Vaccine Effective in Children
- Mental Health Problems in Adolescents With HIV: Overview & Expert Interview
- Epidemiology of K pneumoniae Carbapenemase-Producing Enterobacteriaceae Infections in Children
- Social Support Important in Short-Term Care for Older Adults With HIV
- High-Dose Influenza Vaccination May Benefit Transplant Recipients
- Low-Dose Methotrexate: No Effect on Endothelial Function in Patients Treated for HIV
- Updated HCV Treatment Guidelines for 2018 Published by AASLD-IDSA