Symptoms of Seoul virus infection include fever, headache, and back pain.
An unusual outbreak of measles was recorded in Ontario, Canada in early 2015.
Individuals with certain occupations or in certain populations may be more at risk of fatality from hantavirus pulmonary syndrome.
CDC is currently investigating cases of Seoul virus infections in 8 workers from several rat-breeding facilities in Illinois and Wisconsin.
New guidelines continue to recommend oral azole antifungal agents, usually fluconazole, as the preferred treatment for most manifestations of coccidioidomycosis that require treatment, including infection in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy.
Between 2013 and 2015, 7 patients with this type of roundworm were reported throughout the United States.
In the absence of something like flu season, all of the germs people run into, even in a crowded environment like the T, are normal.
A. actinomycetemcomitans and S. gordonii can be found together in the human mouth, and are also found in abscesses in the lungs and the brain.
Cases of infection from the bacterium Elizabethkingia included six deaths.
Flagstaff offices had richer microbial communities than those in San Diego or Toronto.
Some infectious diseases increase diabetes risk.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Infections Complicate Biologic Use in Autoimmune Inflammatory Disorders
- Some Antibiotics May Reduce Biofilm in Urinary Tract Infections
- Tuberculosis Vaccine May Reverse Type 1 Diabetes
- Sepsis-Related Mortality Decreased With Rapid Implementation of Protocol
- New Assay Targets Susceptibility to Ciprofloxacin in Gonorrhea
- Increased Incidence of Chlamydia Due to Changes in Cancer Screening Guidelines
- Serratia marcescens Outbreak After Drug Tampering in US Hospital
- Meningococcal Disease Risk Linked to Eculizumab Despite Vaccination
- Medicaid Enrollees Largely Satisfied With Their Health Care
- Ebola Vaccine Long-Term Safety and Antibody Response