For infants with uncomplicated, late-onset GBS bacteremia, a shortened IV course of antibiotic therapy is sometimes prescribed and is associated with low rates of disease recurrence and treatment failure.
An Arizona company has recalled more than 6.5 million pounds of beef linked to a Salmonella outbreak that has sickened 57 people in 16 states.
The test works by measuring levels of anti-cytolethal distending toxin B (CdtB) and anti-vinculin, 2 biomarkers of post-infectious IBS-D and IBS-M.
38 illnesses documented in seven states; 10 people have been hospitalized, but no deaths reported.
At least 334 people in 47 states have been sickened in Salmonella outbreaks linked to contact with live poultry in backyard flocks.
Possible Escherichia coli contamination has triggered the recall of ground beef products made from chuck that were sold at Publix Super Markets in Florida.
The number of confirmed cases of Cyclospora infection linked to salads from McDonald's restaurants was 507 in 15 states and New York City as of Aug. 23.
The number of confirmed cases of a parasite-caused illness linked to McDonald's Fresh Express Salad Mix is now 436 in 15 states.
Ritz and Goldfish crackers, Swiss Rolls -- they've all been tied to possible Salmonella contamination through a common ingredient, dry whey powder.
A number of Ritz Crackers products are being recalled due to possible Salmonella risk
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- The Misuse of Antibiotics in Acute Pancreatitis Appears Widespread
- ART Reduces Neurocognitive Impairment in Patients Living With HIV
- Polio-Like Condition in Children on Rise in the United States
- Pneumococcal H Influenzae Protein D Conjugate Vaccine Effective in Children
- Mental Health Problems in Adolescents With HIV: Overview & Expert Interview
- Epidemiology of K pneumoniae Carbapenemase-Producing Enterobacteriaceae Infections in Children
- Social Support Important in Short-Term Care for Older Adults With HIV
- High-Dose Influenza Vaccination May Benefit Transplant Recipients
- Low-Dose Methotrexate: No Effect on Endothelial Function in Patients Treated for HIV
- Updated HCV Treatment Guidelines for 2018 Published by AASLD-IDSA