The CDC has issued an alert regarding new recommendations for the treatment of Shigella infection.
Liver cancer has become the fastest growing cause of cancer deaths in the Unites States.
Findings indicate that dysbiotic features that are uniquely ME/CFS-associated may be masked by disturbances arising from the high prevalence of IBS co-morbidity in ME/CFS.
Researcher found that while Salmonella infections decreased, reported Yersinia, Cryptosporidium, and Shiga toxin-producing E coli infections increased.
Investigators proposed an algorithm to facilitate the decision-making process of clinical care for patients with very early hepatocellular carcinoma.
Acute STEMI accounted for 29.3% of renal transplant recipients admissions.
Outreach strategies doubled the percentage of patients with cirrhosis who underwent ultrasound screening for HCC.
Duodenal mucosa in type 1 diabetes present with disease-specific abnormalities and inflammation, according to researchers.
Frequent enterovirus infection has been linked to type 1 diabetes in children.
Higher rates of both Clostridium difficile- and Campylobacter- positive gastroenteritis were seen in both community and hospital settings.
Risk factors for recurrence were peptic ulcer, contact with infected people, and hospitalization.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria Have Long Resided on Ready-to-Eat Foods
- Infections Complicate Biologic Use in Autoimmune Inflammatory Disorders
- Tuberculosis Vaccine May Reverse Type 1 Diabetes
- No Benefits Seen for Adjunctive Clindamycin in Cellulitis
- Telbivudine During Early Pregnancy Prevents HBV Transmission
- Maternal Antibodies Hinder Antigenic Responses to Vaccines in Infants
- Sepsis-Related Mortality Decreased With Rapid Implementation of Protocol
- New Assay Targets Susceptibility to Ciprofloxacin in Gonorrhea
- Gut Microbiota Associated With Parkinson's Disease Progression
- Decrease Rate of S aureus Resistance Seen With Certain Antibiotics