Antibiotic resistance to Salmonella is a serious concern for public health and clinical providers.
Investigators proposed an algorithm to facilitate the decision-making process of clinical care for patients with very early hepatocellular carcinoma.
Acute STEMI accounted for 29.3% of renal transplant recipients admissions.
Outreach strategies doubled the percentage of patients with cirrhosis who underwent ultrasound screening for HCC.
Duodenal mucosa in type 1 diabetes present with disease-specific abnormalities and inflammation, according to researchers.
Frequent enterovirus infection has been linked to type 1 diabetes in children.
Higher rates of both Clostridium difficile- and Campylobacter- positive gastroenteritis were seen in both community and hospital settings.
Risk factors for recurrence were peptic ulcer, contact with infected people, and hospitalization.
Universal group B streptococci screening in women with a singleton pregnancy planning a repeat cesarean delivery may not be cost-effective in all populations.
FDA has accepted a supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) for Avycaz for the addition of new Phase 3 data to the label.
For patients with NAFLD, physical activity might lower intrahepatic lipid content and markers of hepatocellular injury.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Clinical Guideline on Evaluating Abnormal Liver Chemistries
- FDA Approves Procalcitonin Biomarker Test to Aid Antibiotic Decision Making
- Review of Clostridium difficile Vaccines in Development
- WHO Prioritizes Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria on Pathogens List
- Abnormal Bone Metabolism With Tenofovir for HBV Infection
- Novel Vaccine Improves Shedding and Lesion Rates in HSV-2
- ACP: Reduce Administrative Burden for Better Patient Care
- Comparative Efficacy of Topical Mupirocin, Gentamicin in Preventing PD-related Infections
- Informed Consent in Medical Research in the Digital Age
- The Handoff: Your Week in Infectious Disease News - 3/31/17