The discontinuation is voluntary and is not related to product quality, safety or efficacy.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis with chronic hepatitis B virus infection demonstrated greater radiographic progression and poorer clinical response at 1 year.
Low screening rate seen at same time as increase in hepatitis C virus prevalence among pregnant women.
Sofosbuvir-based treatment appears to guarantee renal safety for patients with chronic hepatitis C virus over one year of follow-up.
Methadone Maintenance Therapy Associated With Greater Access to Physician Care in HCV-Positive Drug Users
The investigators suggest that enrollment in a methadone maintenance therapy program may be helpful in providing access to HCV care in people who inject drugs.
The authors examined data from 8887 individuals who began TNF antagonist treatment for an autoimmune disease from 2001 through 2010 and were followed through 2012; 52% of these patients were screened for HBV before treatment.
A 72-year-old Japanese woman with a 40-year history of lupus nephritis presented with leg edema that had lasted for several weeks.
Findings highlight the importance of screening for metabolic syndrome (MS) and the potential for MS to influence alanine aminotransferase and its interpretation in the context of HBV treatment decisions.
The CDC has published ACIP recommendations regarding the use of Heplisav-B.
Maternal use of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate does not lower hepatitis B virus transmission rates.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Importance of PrEP for People Involved in Criminal Justice Systems
- Increasing Incidence of Syphilis in People With HIV
- FDA: Possible Risk of Neural Tube Birth Defects With Certain Antiretroviral Agents
- Fungal Infections of the CNS: Diagnostic and Treatment Approaches
- Study Supports Development of a Vaccine for Recurrent Vulvovaginal Candidiasis
- Early Flow Cytometry Predictive of Clinical Deterioration in Sepsis
- Could a New Universal Tuberculosis Regimen Help End the TB Pandemic?
- Hepatitis C Virus Infection Linked to Gut Dysbiosis
- Two Hepatitis C Virus Infection Treatments to Be Discontinued
- Antibiotic Use During Pregnancy May Increase Risk for Childhood Asthma