The list price for the generics is $24,000 for the most common course of therapy.
The approval was supported by findings from the multicenter, randomized, open-label, noninferiority trial, REFLECT (N=945), which included patients with previously untreated, metastatic or unresectable HCC.
Hepatitis C virus-negative recipients of HCV-infected kidneys experience HCV cure and good quality of life.
The FDA has approved Mulpleta for the treatment of thrombocytopenia in adult patients with chronic liver disease who are scheduled to undergo a procedure.
Hepatitis B core Antibody (anti-HB c+) organs may be a safe and ethical transplant option in an era where increased medical knowledge has enabled greater treatment for hepatitis.
Meeting World Health Organization targets for chronic hepatitis B by 2030 will be cost-effective.
A new initiative to increase hepatitis B virus vaccination rates among at-risk adults has been developed.
The Canadian Medical Association provided an updated evidence-based recommendations for the treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis C virus.
The FDA has granted Fast Track designation to a novel antiviral in development for the treatment of HBV infection.
Alcohol use disorder in patients with HCV infection is associated with increased symptoms of depression and anxiety compared with patients with HCV and no history of alcohol abuse.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- The Misuse of Antibiotics in Acute Pancreatitis Appears Widespread
- ART Reduces Neurocognitive Impairment in Patients Living With HIV
- Polio-Like Condition in Children on Rise in the United States
- Pneumococcal H Influenzae Protein D Conjugate Vaccine Effective in Children
- Mental Health Problems in Adolescents With HIV: Overview & Expert Interview
- Epidemiology of K pneumoniae Carbapenemase-Producing Enterobacteriaceae Infections in Children
- Social Support Important in Short-Term Care for Older Adults With HIV
- High-Dose Influenza Vaccination May Benefit Transplant Recipients
- Low-Dose Methotrexate: No Effect on Endothelial Function in Patients Treated for HIV
- Updated HCV Treatment Guidelines for 2018 Published by AASLD-IDSA