Bi-directional mechanisms linking periodontal disease to the development of rheumatoid arthritis may offer biomarkers for the development of RA and treatment objectives that influence the courses of both inflammatory conditions.
Cases of Legionnaires' disease in New York City and Las Vegas are being investigated by health officials.
Time matters more than water temperature for effective hand washing.
Offering hand sanitizer to the patient and clinician at the same time, deemed "co-washing," is a simple intervention that can be implemented in almost any practice and possibly reduce infection rates.
Nosocomial legionellosis as a result of heat exchangers installed in a hospital in Sherbrooke, Canada.
The ruling applies to consumer products containing 1 or more of 19 specific active ingredients.
The report, which included information on 1,075 contact lens-related infections that were reported to a Food and Drug Administration database, noted that 1 in 5 contact lens related infections often led to more serious eye complications.
The request is part of the FDA's larger, ongoing review of OTC antiseptic active ingredients to ensure these ingredients are safe and effective.
Side effects include airway and wound inflammation, agency says
The dressing can be used for up to four hours, which could allow time for the patient to receive surgical care.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria Have Long Resided on Ready-to-Eat Foods
- Infections Complicate Biologic Use in Autoimmune Inflammatory Disorders
- Tuberculosis Vaccine May Reverse Type 1 Diabetes
- No Benefits Seen for Adjunctive Clindamycin in Cellulitis
- Telbivudine During Early Pregnancy Prevents HBV Transmission
- Maternal Antibodies Hinder Antigenic Responses to Vaccines in Infants
- Sepsis-Related Mortality Decreased With Rapid Implementation of Protocol
- New Assay Targets Susceptibility to Ciprofloxacin in Gonorrhea
- Gut Microbiota Associated With Parkinson's Disease Progression
- Decrease Rate of S aureus Resistance Seen With Certain Antibiotics