Bi-directional mechanisms linking periodontal disease to the development of rheumatoid arthritis may offer biomarkers for the development of RA and treatment objectives that influence the courses of both inflammatory conditions.
Cases of Legionnaires' disease in New York City and Las Vegas are being investigated by health officials.
Time matters more than water temperature for effective hand washing.
Offering hand sanitizer to the patient and clinician at the same time, deemed "co-washing," is a simple intervention that can be implemented in almost any practice and possibly reduce infection rates.
Nosocomial legionellosis as a result of heat exchangers installed in a hospital in Sherbrooke, Canada.
The ruling applies to consumer products containing 1 or more of 19 specific active ingredients.
The report, which included information on 1,075 contact lens-related infections that were reported to a Food and Drug Administration database, noted that 1 in 5 contact lens related infections often led to more serious eye complications.
The request is part of the FDA's larger, ongoing review of OTC antiseptic active ingredients to ensure these ingredients are safe and effective.
Side effects include airway and wound inflammation, agency says
The dressing can be used for up to four hours, which could allow time for the patient to receive surgical care.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Are Antibiotic Stewardship Programs the Antidote to Antibiotic Overuse?
- Better Detection and Treatment Needed for H pylori Infections in Children
- FDA Approves New Hepatitis B Vaccine for Adults
- Strategies for Preventing Antibiotic Resistance in Acne
- Oral HPV Prevalence Higher in Men With Concurrent Genital HPV
- Study Finds Burnout Occurs in Over Half of US Surgeons
- HPV Vaccine Linked to Lower Respiratory Papillomatosis Rates
- Novel Antifungal Agent for Treatment of Aspergillus flavus Infections
- Inappropriate Antibiotic Use for Acute Bronchitis Highest in Younger Adults
- ACP, CDC Provides Best Practice Advice on Hepatitis B Management