Femoral neck bone mineral density declines twice as fast in HIV-infected women vs HIV-infected men.
One-week amphotericin plus flucytosine was found to have comparable efficacy and safety profiles as the standard of care, 2-weeks amphotericin-based therapy, for treatment of HIV-associated cryptococcal meningitis in African patients.
In order to assess and manage milder forms of HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders, effective cognitive screening instruments are needed.
New findings announced from a supplemental analysis of Mytesi (crofelemer) in patients with HIV-related diarrhea.
A child who was diagnosed with HIV at 1 month and received early treatment has suppressed the virus without anti-HIV therapy for 8.5 years.
New WHO guidelines address the issue of how to manage pretreatment human immunodeficiency virus drug resistance (HIVDR) in countries where the prevalence of HIVDR is 10% or higher.
The combination of long-acting intramuscular cabotegravir plus rilpivirine was demonstrated to be as effective as 3-drug daily oral ART for maintaining viral suppression of HIV-1 for up to 96 weeks in the LATTE-2 phase 2b study.
Gilead announced results from 2 Phase 3 studies for the investigational fixed-dose HIV regimen with bictegravir and emtricitabine for the treatment of treatment-naive adults with HIV.
A new dapivirine vaginal ring was found to be safe and acceptable among adolescent girls in the United States.
An early stage trial for HIV vaccine regimen was able to generate immune response against HIV.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Climate Change: Effects on the Incidence and Distribution of Infectious Diseases
- Improving Campaigns Regarding the Value of Adult Vaccines
- Seminal HPV Infection Prevalent Worldwide, May Affect Male Fertility
- Pausing ART to Identify Biomarkers for HIV RNA Rebound: Safety and Ethical Considerations
- MicroRNAs in Infectious Disease: Emerging Clinical Applications
- Efficacy of Direct-Acting Antivirals for HCV Clearance in Older Adults
- SVR Achieved With Sofosbuvir, Grazoprevir/Elbasvir Plus Ribavirin in HCV
- First Oral Smallpox Treatment Submitted to FDA for NDA
- Trends in Meningococcal Disease Following MenACWY Vaccine Introduction
- Clinician Accuracy Evaluated for Lyme Disease