Clinical factors such as severity of infection on presentation and underlying comorbidities were the main factors influencing treatment decisions.
Dalbavancin is an effective and well-tolerated treatment for ABSSSI, including in patients who met SIRS criteria.
Compared with vancomycin, patients with ABSSSI treated with ceftaroline fosamil had significantly shorter length of hospital stay.
Omadacycline was non-inferior to moxifloxacin for treatment of CABP and linezolid for treatment of ABSSSI.
The goal of this post-hoc analysis of OASIS-1 study was to determine if BMI or T2D had any effect on the efficacy or safety of omadacycline relative to linezolid.
Although intramuscular antibiotics had been suggested as a prevention strategy for recurrent cellulitis, the evidence is scarce.
Researchers evaluated risk factors associated with secondary bloodstream infections in patients with acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections.
Dalbavancin has shown potent activity against gram-positive pathogens responsible for ABSSSI, including MRSA.
Study suggests a higher incidence of Fournier's gangrene than previously described.
Dalbavancin and oritavancin may make it possible to allow for earlier discharge and reduce health care costs without compromising efficacy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Practical Tips to Improve HIV/AIDS Medication Adherence
- Threat of Zika Virus Still Significant in California
- Protective Role of Pre-F Antibodies Against RSV Acute Respiratory Infection
- HCV Neuropsychiatric Symptoms Likely Linked to Virus' Effects on Brain Function
- Prenatal Tdap Vaccination Not Associated With an Increased Risk of Autism
- Evaluation of Appropriateness of Ceftriaxone Use in the Emergency Department
- Risk Factors for Prosthetic Joint Infection Increase Likelihood for Surgical Revision
- CDC: Increase in Rate of STDs for Fourth Consecutive Year in the United States
- Effect of Respiratory Tract Microbiome on Susceptibility to Viral Infections
- Gram-Negative Bacteria Antibiotic Susceptibility for Pneumonia in the ICU
- Food Insecurity Associated With Substance Use in Women Infected With HIV
- Penicillin Allergies: Commonly Reported but Rarely Accurate
- Neisseria Meningitidis Serogroup W Infections Increasing in Georgia
- Cardiac Changes Linked With Specific ARVs in Perinatally Acquired HIV
- Physical Activity Associated With Cognitive Benefits in Women Living With HIV