Series by David C. Helfgott, MD
A collection of news, case studies, and feature articles focused on the diagnosis and management of infectious processes in patients with immune systems impaired by an underlying disease, such as hematologic malignancies that affect cells crucial to normal host immune response, or weakened secondary to treatments for disease, such as steroids, chemotherapeutic agents, or biologic response modifiers targeting immune mediators.
In this review, David C. Helfgott, MD, editorial advisory board member for Infectious Disease Advisor, focuses on infectious complications from the use of monoclonal antibodies for malignancy.
The risk for infection and malignancy associated with biologic use complicates the management of patients with a deficient immune system. Equip yourself with the information needed to effectively manage these complex patients.
September 15, 2017
Case of a 51-year-old man with Crohn's disease who develops fever and cough after receiving biologic treatment.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- High Rates of Salmonella Contamination Identified in Kratom
- Influence of Vitamin D in HIV Infection
- Fixed-Dose Bictegravir, Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Alafenamide Is Efficacious HIV-1 Treatment Option
- Ceftazidime/Avibactam an Effective Option in Serious Gram-Negative Infections
- FDA Strengthens Warnings for Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics
- Universal Purchase Programs in the United States May Not Effectively Increase Vaccination Rates
- Tick-Caused Meat Allergy on the Rise in the United States
- Delays in Lactate Testing Associated With Delayed Antibiotics, Increased Mortality in Sepsis
- Prognostic Biomarkers to Guide Antibiotic Therapy in Critically Ill Patients
- Sofosbuvir/Velpatavir Effective for HCV-Infected Liver Transplant Recipients
- Pretreatment Drug Resistance Testing Optimizes Antiretroviral Therapy in INSTI Regimens
- High HCV Sustained Virologic Response Rates With Elbasvir/Grazoprevir in Real-World Setting
- CMS Physician Payment and Policy Changes Proposed for 2019
- FDA: Vibrio parahaemolyticus Illnesses Tied to Fresh Crab Meat From Venezuela
- E. Coli Found in Water at Tennessee Ziplining Facility