Pregnant women who received vaccines containing the pH1N1 antigen for 2 consecutive influenza seasons may have increased risk for spontaneous abortion 28 days postvaccination.
Use of the non-adjuvanted influenza A H1N1 vaccine was shown to be safe and efficacious in patients with systemic sclerosis.
For the 2017-18 season, quadrivalent and trivalent influenza vaccines will be available; live attenuated influenza vaccine is not recommended for use.
Zanamivir is a neuraminidase inhibitor approved in the United States as an oral inhalation powder for acute, uncomplicated influenza in children ≥7 years of age and prophylaxis in children ≥5 years of age.
Temporary cessation of methotrexate after receiving the influenza vaccine improves the immunogenicity of vaccination in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
An investigational H1 influenza oral tablet vaccine provides similar protection against influenza as an injectable vaccine.
A highly pathogenic H7N9 avian influenza variant has evolved and now has the potential to cause a pandemic
The has expanded the use of Rapivab to pediatric patients aged ≥2 years with acute uncomplicated influenza
Digital immunoassays and rapid nucleic acid amplification tests have higher sensitivities for detecting influenza than rapid influenza diagnostic tests.
Only 78% of health care personnel and only 53.6% of pregnant women received influenza vaccination during the 2016-2017 influenza season.
A higher dose of the flu vaccine provided better protection against respiratory and all-cause hospital admissions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Are Antibiotic Stewardship Programs the Antidote to Antibiotic Overuse?
- Better Detection and Treatment Needed for H pylori Infections in Children
- FDA Approves New Hepatitis B Vaccine for Adults
- Strategies for Preventing Antibiotic Resistance in Acne
- Oral HPV Prevalence Higher in Men With Concurrent Genital HPV
- Study Finds Burnout Occurs in Over Half of US Surgeons
- HPV Vaccine Linked to Lower Respiratory Papillomatosis Rates
- Novel Antifungal Agent for Treatment of Aspergillus flavus Infections
- Inappropriate Antibiotic Use for Acute Bronchitis Highest in Younger Adults
- ACP, CDC Provides Best Practice Advice on Hepatitis B Management