Health care workers who had multiple annual vaccinations for influenza demonstrated lower serologic responses to the most current vaccination compared with those who had less than 2 previous vaccinations.
Clinician communication in recommending influenza vaccination in children impacts parental vaccine decision-making.
An experimental microneedle patch has demonstrated the ability to safely administer an influenza vaccine.
Obesity may increase the risk of influenza and influenza-like illness.
Over 100 influenza-associated deaths in children occurred throughout the 2016-2017 flu season.
Flublok Quadrivalent, developed without the use of eggs, is a recombinant protein-based vaccine.
A designer protein stopped the influenza virus from infecting cells in culture and protected mice after being exposed to heavy doses of the virus, according to a new study.
Temporarily stopping methotrexate in patients with rheumatoid arthritis improves the efficacy of seasonal influenza vaccine.
Using live attenuated influenza vaccine in young children does not increase risk for exacerbation of asthma.
The adjuvanted H7N1 vaccine was safe and immunogenic after 2 doses in adults age 65 and older, according to a new study.
A prospective multicenter study examined the optimal dose of seasonal trivalent influenza vaccines.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria Have Long Resided on Ready-to-Eat Foods
- Infections Complicate Biologic Use in Autoimmune Inflammatory Disorders
- Tuberculosis Vaccine May Reverse Type 1 Diabetes
- No Benefits Seen for Adjunctive Clindamycin in Cellulitis
- Telbivudine During Early Pregnancy Prevents HBV Transmission
- Maternal Antibodies Hinder Antigenic Responses to Vaccines in Infants
- Sepsis-Related Mortality Decreased With Rapid Implementation of Protocol
- New Assay Targets Susceptibility to Ciprofloxacin in Gonorrhea
- Gut Microbiota Associated With Parkinson's Disease Progression
- Decrease Rate of S aureus Resistance Seen With Certain Antibiotics