Although substantial emphasis is placed on vaccinations in considering how to limit the spread of influenza, simple hygienic methods have been found to be the most effective and should be more widely supported.
Double-dose influenza vaccine is safe and may increase antibody response in solid-organ transplant recipients
Elderly patients who have been inoculated with the influenza vaccine and who also use a statin are at a greater risk for medically attended acute respiratory illness.
Repeated exposure to the influenza virus affects antibody quantity and quality, and strains selected for seasonal vaccines may not provide coverage sufficient for individuals frequently infected and/or vaccinated.
Just over three-quarters of health care personnel received a flu vaccine last season.
Mandatory genetic testing may also constitute an undue threat to employee autonomy and privacy.
An active choice intervention is associated with an increase in influenza vaccination rates.
A single dose of baloxavir marboxil was superior to placebo in controlling influenza symptoms in patients with uncomplicated disease.
Influenza proved to be an independent risk factor for invasive pulmonary aspergillosis.
All children and adolescents are advised to undergo annual influenza immunization, ideally with an inactivated influenza vaccine.
The mysterious illness that kept a plane away from the terminal after some passengers reported feeling sick has been confirmed as the flu.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- The Misuse of Antibiotics in Acute Pancreatitis Appears Widespread
- ART Reduces Neurocognitive Impairment in Patients Living With HIV
- Polio-Like Condition in Children on Rise in the United States
- Pneumococcal H Influenzae Protein D Conjugate Vaccine Effective in Children
- Mental Health Problems in Adolescents With HIV: Overview & Expert Interview
- Epidemiology of K pneumoniae Carbapenemase-Producing Enterobacteriaceae Infections in Children
- Social Support Important in Short-Term Care for Older Adults With HIV
- High-Dose Influenza Vaccination May Benefit Transplant Recipients
- Low-Dose Methotrexate: No Effect on Endothelial Function in Patients Treated for HIV
- Updated HCV Treatment Guidelines for 2018 Published by AASLD-IDSA