Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Tests for hepatitis (serologic or DNA-based) may be important if hepatitis is suspected as a cause for the bilirubinuria.
Alkaline phosphatase or 5´-nucleotidase is useful as a marker of biliary obstruction, especially when the value for either parameter is significantly more abnormal than the ALT or AST.
Serum albumin level and PT may be useful to assess protein synthesis by the liver in the pt with cirrhosis.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Pediatric Outpatient Antimicrobial Stewardship: Minimizing Antibiotic Duration
- Better Detection and Treatment Needed for H pylori Infections in Children
- Are Antibiotic Stewardship Programs the Antidote to Antibiotic Overuse?
- FDA Approves New Hepatitis B Vaccine for Adults
- Strategies for Preventing Antibiotic Resistance in Acne
- Dual Regimen Provides Simple and Safe Salvage Therapy in HIV-1
- Effectiveness of Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir for Acute HCV Infection in HIV
- Diclofenac Inferior to Norfloxacin for UTI Symptom Relief
- Legionella Linked to Most Drinking Water-Associated Outbreaks
- Preventing HCV Transmission: Utility of Needle/Syringe Programs