Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Tests for hepatitis (serologic or DNA-based) may be important if hepatitis is suspected as a cause for the bilirubinuria.
Alkaline phosphatase or 5´-nucleotidase is useful as a marker of biliary obstruction, especially when the value for either parameter is significantly more abnormal than the ALT or AST.
Serum albumin level and PT may be useful to assess protein synthesis by the liver in the pt with cirrhosis.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Oral Urinary Tract Infection Treatments
- CDC Probe Continues as Cases of Acute Flaccid Myelitis Rise
- Many Linens Delivered To US Hospitals Contaminated With Mucorales Mold
- Treating Pseudomonas aeruginosa Infections: Highlights From IDWeek 2018
- Local Gentamicin Application Ineffective in Treatment of Periprosthetic Joint Infection
- 11th Child Dies in Adenovirus Outbreak at N.J. Care Facility
- CDC: Increase Seen in Salmonella Illnesses From Ground Beef
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma Risk Following Antiviral Therapy for HCV Examined
- Does Obesity Impact Virological Response in HCV Patients on DAA Therapy?
- Direct-Acting Antiviral Therapy Uptake Examined Among HCV Patients