Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Tests for hepatitis (serologic or DNA-based) may be important if hepatitis is suspected as a cause for the bilirubinuria.
Alkaline phosphatase or 5´-nucleotidase is useful as a marker of biliary obstruction, especially when the value for either parameter is significantly more abnormal than the ALT or AST.
Serum albumin level and PT may be useful to assess protein synthesis by the liver in the pt with cirrhosis.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Clinicians Warn That Zika Virus May Still Be an Area of Concern for Travelers
- Ceftazidime/Avibactam an Effective Option in Serious Gram-Negative Infections
- Effect of Dengue Serostatus on Dengue Vaccine Safety and Efficacy
- Inappropriate Prescribing of Antibiotics High in Urgent Care Centers
- Fixed-Dose Bictegravir Regimen: A Safe Alternative in Adults With HIV-1
- Universal Purchase Programs in the United States May Not Effectively Increase Vaccination Rates
- Tick-Caused Meat Allergy on the Rise in the United States
- Prognostic Biomarkers to Guide Antibiotic Therapy in Critically Ill Patients
- Sofosbuvir/Velpatavir Effective for HCV-Infected Liver Transplant Recipients
- Should Metronidazole Be Recommended for Mild Clostridium difficile Infections?
- Pegylated Interferon, Ribavirin May Improve LV Diastolic Dysfunction in Chronic Hepatitis C
- Automated HIV/Hepatitis C Screening Protocol Demonstrates High Efficacy
- Factors Increasing Risk for Hemorrhagic Stroke After Infective Endocarditis
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Hy-Vee Spring Pasta Salad
- Harms Reporting Limited in Trials of Prebiotics, Probiotics, Synbiotics