BUN and/or Creatinine Increased: Prerenal Cause
Renal artery stenosis
Atherosclerotic renal vascular disease
Thromboembolic renal vascular disease
HUS or TTP Sickle cell disease-associated nephropathy
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Studies that would permit a diagnosis of HUS, TTP, or sickle cell disease are valuable.
Tests that identify a predisposition to thrombosis may also be informative.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Major Advances on Horizon for Tick-Borne Disease Testing
- Harnessing Mucus to Fight Human Immunodeficiency Virus
- T2Candida May Shorten Time to Candida Detection, Species Identification
- CDC Reports Number of Noncongenital Zika Virus Cases in the United States
- Treatment for MRSA Complicated Bacteremia and Infective Endocarditis
- Myocardial Infarction Risk Increases With Abacavir Use in Patients With HIV
- Hydrocortisone Plus Fludrocortisone Lowers Mortality in Septic Shock
- Case Study: Middle-Aged Man With a Syncopal Episode
- Treatment with Hepatitis C Antivirals Improves Outcomes Following Liver Transplantation
- Newer Rapid Influenza Tests Better at Ruling In Influenza