BUN and/or Creatinine Increased: Prerenal Cause
Renal artery stenosis
Atherosclerotic renal vascular disease
Thromboembolic renal vascular disease
HUS or TTP Sickle cell disease-associated nephropathy
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Studies that would permit a diagnosis of HUS, TTP, or sickle cell disease are valuable.
Tests that identify a predisposition to thrombosis may also be informative.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Clinicians Warn That Zika Virus May Still Be an Area of Concern for Travelers
- Fixed-Dose Bictegravir, Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Alafenamide Is Efficacious HIV-1 Treatment Option
- Ceftazidime/Avibactam an Effective Option in Serious Gram-Negative Infections
- Effect of Dengue Serostatus on Dengue Vaccine Safety and Efficacy
- Mosaic HIV-1 Vaccine Induces Responses in Humans and Monkeys
- Universal Purchase Programs in the United States May Not Effectively Increase Vaccination Rates
- Tick-Caused Meat Allergy on the Rise in the United States
- Delays in Lactate Testing Associated With Delayed Antibiotics, Increased Mortality in Sepsis
- Prognostic Biomarkers to Guide Antibiotic Therapy in Critically Ill Patients
- Sofosbuvir/Velpatavir Effective for HCV-Infected Liver Transplant Recipients
- Predictors of Survival in HIV/HCV Co-Infected Patients With HCC
- Fixed-Dose Bictegravir Regimen: A Safe Alternative in Adults With HIV-1
- Universal Screening Best Strategy for Hepatitis C in France
- Inappropriate Prescribing of Antibiotics High in Urgent Care Centers
- Inadvertent Quadrivalent HPV Vaccine Exposure Not Associated With Spontaneous Abortion Risk