The Bruker Maldi system is already cleared for use in identifying 333 species or species groups, including 424 bacteria and yeast species.
The absence of availability of amphotericin B or in conditions in which amphotericin B cannot be administered safely, the oral combination of fluconazole plus flucytosine provides an effective and sustainable alternative.
Treatment of cryptococcal meningitis with two weeks of flucytosine and fluconazole was noninferior to two weeks of amphotericin B. Addition of flucytosine to amphotericin B was superior to amphotericin B plus fluconazole.
Researchers validated the clinical sensitivity of the T2Candida panel for the diagnosis of bloodstream infections caused by the 5 most common pathogenic Candida species.
In this systematic review and meta-analysis, patients with infective endocarditis with vegetations greater than 10mm in size had significantly increased risk of systemic embolism and mortality.
FDA posts a notification for a voluntarily recall of a diabetes drug over microbial contamination.
Six-month survival was better in patients who received liposomal amphotericin B-based monotherapy than in those receiving a candin-based monotherapy.
F901318 has potent in vitro activity against A flavus and is highly active in both in vitro and in vivo models mimicking invasive human disease.
Antimicrobial stewardship traditionally focuses on optimal use of antibacterial agents, not antifungal therapy.
Compared to blood cultures, T2 Candida Panel is faster and more sensitive in detecting Candidemia.
Rapid identification of Candida auris is crucial in order to implement appropriate precautions and avoid transmission to other patients.
Drs Tapper and Crum-Cianflone discuss aspergillosis, an emerging complication of severe influenza infections.
Researchers designed a case-control study using de-identified commercial health claim information in the United States from January 1, 2007, to December 31, 2009.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- ACOG: Updated Recommendations for Influenza Vaccination During Pregnancy
- Pregnancy May Be Independently Associated With Prolonged Detection of Zika Virus RNA
- Curbing Overuse of Blood Cultures in the Emergency Department
- Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir Highly Efficacious for HCV/HIV Coinfection
- Fluoroquinolone Use May Increase Risk for Aortic Aneurysm and Dissection
- Fingerstick Point-of-Care Test Allows for Single-Visit HCV Diagnoses
- Clostridium difficile Infection in the Intensive Care Setting
- Combating Medically Important Antibiotic Use in Food-Producing Animals
- Religious Exemptions vs Mandatory Vaccinations: An Expert Perspective
- 2018 Vaccination Schedule: Adults
- Possible Inhibitory Effect of HCV-Induced Steatogenesis by HBV
- Delayed Management of Severe Sepsis, Septic Shock Increases Mortality
- MenB Vaccine Gets Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Children Ages 1-9 Years
- CDC: Recommendations on the Use of Heplisav-B Published
- Non-Targeted HIV Testing in ED Acceptable to Patients