Training on adherence to guidelines, the development of guidelines specific to the pediatric population, and the employment of tools and techniques to decrease contamination of blood cultures could decrease the overuse of blood cultures.
As a result of the tests, the FDA is advising consumers and clinicians to avoid using all lots of Remedy Essentials No-Rinse Cleansing Foam.
Deployment-related trauma infectious complications continue after initial hospital discharge and into Veterans Affairs healthcare.
Over the last 9 years, there was an increase in the number of endocarditis cases, which mirrored the increase in concomitant use of mixed drugs.
Pharmacists are increasingly becoming involved in antibiotic surveillance, including e-surveillance methods; formulation of antibiotic-use policies; and day-to-day control of problematic antibiotic use.
Optimal management for severely ill patients with right-sided infective endocarditis (RSIE) remains challenging. The goal of this study was to determine outcome and associated prognostic factors in a population of ICU patients with RSIE.
A large proportion of surgical site infections are caused by organisms resistant to prophylactic antibiotics, with the greatest apparent burden in low- and middle-income countries
In this systematic review and meta-analysis, patients with infective endocarditis with vegetations greater than 10mm in size had significantly increased risk of systemic embolism and mortality.
Although removal of orthopedic implants is considered to be associated with low risk of infection, higher rates of surgical site infection following these procedures have been reported.
A new expert guidance concerning contact precautions for multidrug resistant bacteria has been released.
The prevalence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus colonization did not decline after implementation of state-legislated active surveillance among critically ill adults.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Importance of PrEP for People Involved in Criminal Justice Systems
- Increasing Incidence of Syphilis in People With HIV
- FDA: Possible Risk of Neural Tube Birth Defects With Certain Antiretroviral Agents
- Fungal Infections of the CNS: Diagnostic and Treatment Approaches
- Study Supports Development of a Vaccine for Recurrent Vulvovaginal Candidiasis
- Early Flow Cytometry Predictive of Clinical Deterioration in Sepsis
- Could a New Universal Tuberculosis Regimen Help End the TB Pandemic?
- Hepatitis C Virus Infection Linked to Gut Dysbiosis
- Two Hepatitis C Virus Infection Treatments to Be Discontinued
- Antibiotic Use During Pregnancy May Increase Risk for Childhood Asthma