An international panel of experts applied the GRADE system and choose 7 PICO questions to generate recommendations for HAP/VAP.
Three cases of community-acquired pneumonia involving Chlamydia caviae after exposure to ill guinea pigs have been described
Preclinical tests show the new vaccine stimulated an immune response to 72 of the more than 90 known strains of S pneumoniae.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease is associated with long-term risk of pneumonia in a younger population of patients treated with PPIs.
The FDA has granted priority review for Avycaz (ceftazidime/avibactam) to expand the current indications.
Patients who seem to benefit most from the combination of a macrolide with a β-lactam are patients with bacteremic pneumococcal pneumonia, septic shock, and invasive mechanical ventilation.
Adults with community-acquired pneumococcal pneumonia who are HIV-immunosuppressed had the same prognosis and outcomes with standardized treatment.
Researchers conducted a systematic review of 3 manuscripts, including a total of 50,547 patients with celiac disease.
Increasing rates of non-pneumococcal conjugate vaccine 13 serotypes of invasive pneumococcal disease present a new challenge to the global containment of the infection.
A single-dose 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV13) was found to be safe and immunogenic for pediatric oncology patients.
A Barcelona study found that patients with HIV required no special treatment for pneumonia compared with healthy individuals.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Are Antibiotic Stewardship Programs the Antidote to Antibiotic Overuse?
- Better Detection and Treatment Needed for H pylori Infections in Children
- FDA Approves New Hepatitis B Vaccine for Adults
- Strategies for Preventing Antibiotic Resistance in Acne
- Oral HPV Prevalence Higher in Men With Concurrent Genital HPV
- Study Finds Burnout Occurs in Over Half of US Surgeons
- HPV Vaccine Linked to Lower Respiratory Papillomatosis Rates
- Novel Antifungal Agent for Treatment of Aspergillus flavus Infections
- Inappropriate Antibiotic Use for Acute Bronchitis Highest in Younger Adults
- ACP, CDC Provides Best Practice Advice on Hepatitis B Management