Experts discusses the potential pitfalls of machine learning algorithms in medicine.
Eleven medical societies are calling on Congress to preserve patient access to Part B therapies.
Burnout in surgical residents is linked to depression and suicidal ideation.
Hospital inpatients admitted during weekends may have a higher mortality rate compared with inpatients admitted during the weekdays.
A series of mystery patient drills was used to assess the emergency department response to patients with communicable disease of public health concern in New York City.
Certain strategies can help to prevent medical practice billing errors.
About 40% of patients reported a breakdown in their care, including information exchange, delays in admission, team communication, and discharge.
Social networking use for early career teachers is associated with increased burnout levels.
Patients recording medical encounters is becoming a trend.
Medicaid enrollees are satisfied with their health care according to a recent research letter.
The utilization of health services have not been changed, however, expenditures have increased.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Strategies for Preventing Group B Streptococcus in Infants
- Safety of Clofazimine in Treating Children With Mycobacterium abscessus Infections
- Food Additive Linked to Growing Incidence of Clostridium difficile
- Prevalence of MRSA in ICU Patients After State-Mandated Surveillance
- CDC: Multistate Outbreak of E coli Being Investigated
- Universal Influenza Vaccine: A Game Changer in Prevention
- Guideline Update for Influenza Vaccine in Patients With Egg Allergy
- Update to Pulmonary Tuberculosis Screening Recommendations
- Meningococcal B Vaccine Elicits Bactericidal Responses Against Diverse Strains
- Alternative Therapeutics for Mild Infections May Help to Retain Antibiotic Efficacy
- Insulin Resistance in HCV May Be Reversed With DAAs
- SHEA Releases Contact Precaution Guidelines for Multidrug-Resistant Infections
- Cost-Effectiveness of New Adjuvanted Herpes Zoster Subunit Vaccine
- New Two-Dose Hepatitis B Vaccine for Adults Now Available
- Gastric Acid Inhibitors May Increase Late-Onset Sepsis Risk in Preterm Infants