As Xerava is a fully-synthetic fluorocycline antibacterial that is structurally similar to tetracyclines, treatment is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to tetracycline-class antibacterial drugs.
Daily prophylaxis with TMP-SMX was not associated with change in risk for skin and soft tissue or sino-pulmonary infections, or pharyngitis in children.
The burden of childhood and infant pneumonia can be effectively reduced through the use of the pneumococcal Haemophilus influenzae protein D conjugate vaccine.
US Food and Drug Administration approval of the Gardasil 9 HPV vaccine has been expanded to include people ages 27 through 45.
For women at high risk for recurrence, increasing water intake can prevent recurrence.
Pneumococcal vaccination rates in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus improved significantly after the implementation of a multifaceted intervention at a rheumatology practice.
A high level of population-wide immunity at the time the oral polio vaccine 2 was withdrawn has helped to enhance the disappearance of Sabin-2 vaccine poliovirus.
A 9-point risk assessment (IVAT) identified persons with a history of injection drug use (IDU) safe for discharge and reduced the mean length of hospital stay (ALOS) by 20 days and total direct cost by 33%.
From 2008 to 2015, both cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grades 2, 3 and adenocarcinoma in situ rates and cervical cancer screening declined in women age 18 to 24 years.
High population immunity is an indicator of the decline in serotype 2 Sabin vaccine poliovirus after serotype 2 oral poliovirus vaccine withdrawal.
The incidence of Neisseria meningitidis serogroup W incidence has been increasing in Georgia since 2006.
At least one respiratory virus detected in 10 percent of surface samples at major airport during flu season.
Suppressing cytomegalovirus may improve the immune response to a T cell-dependent pneumococcal vaccination in patients experiencing ANCA-associated vasculitis.
Proportion of teens up to date with HPV vaccines also increasing; reached 48.6 percent in 2017.
No association was observed between prenatal vaccination of Tdap vaccination and an increased risk of autism spectrum disorder risk in children.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- The Misuse of Antibiotics in Acute Pancreatitis Appears Widespread
- ART Reduces Neurocognitive Impairment in Patients Living With HIV
- Polio-Like Condition in Children on Rise in the United States
- Pneumococcal H Influenzae Protein D Conjugate Vaccine Effective in Children
- Mental Health Problems in Adolescents With HIV: Overview & Expert Interview
- Epidemiology of K pneumoniae Carbapenemase-Producing Enterobacteriaceae Infections in Children
- Social Support Important in Short-Term Care for Older Adults With HIV
- High-Dose Influenza Vaccination May Benefit Transplant Recipients
- Low-Dose Methotrexate: No Effect on Endothelial Function in Patients Treated for HIV
- Updated HCV Treatment Guidelines for 2018 Published by AASLD-IDSA