The vaccine bacillus Calmette-Guérin for tuberculosis may have the potential to reverse type 1 diabetes.
Progress has been made towards containing the poliovirus.
A Cochrane Review has found no evidence to support using vaccines to prevent the common cold.
Infant vaccine responses are affected by maternal antibody concentrations and infant age at first vaccination.
Breast-feeding throughout the first year of infant's life was found to influence the bacterial composition and diversity of the infant gut microbiome in a dose-dependent manner.
Maternal education, Hispanic ethnicity, and provider recommendations are associated with parental intent to vaccinate adolescents against HPV.
The ACIP released updated guidelines to include recommendations for a newly approved 3-dose formulation of serogroup B meningococcal vaccine.
Two rather than 3 doses of the human papillomavirus vaccine is enough to protect against genital warts in preteens and teens.
Three new aluminum hydroxide adjuvanted, reduced-dose, inactivated polio vaccines (IPV-Al) were found to be noninferior to standard IPV in healthy infants age 6 weeks.
Patients with acute respiratory illnesses receiving rapid point-of-care testing had a higher dose of antibiotics.
The human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine offers a higher degree of protection in oral HPV infections.
A survey presented at the American Academy of Physician Assistants says a healthcare providers vaccination recommendation for elderly patients is greater than media influence.
More than half of eligible traveling Americans don't get the measles, mumps, rubella vaccine.
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released a toolkit to help individuals protect themselves from Lyme and other tickborne diseases.
Sanofi Pasteur submitted an investigational new drug application to the Food and Drug Administration of an alternative to the yellow fever vaccine, Stamaril, after recent shortages of YF-VAX.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria Have Long Resided on Ready-to-Eat Foods
- Infections Complicate Biologic Use in Autoimmune Inflammatory Disorders
- Tuberculosis Vaccine May Reverse Type 1 Diabetes
- No Benefits Seen for Adjunctive Clindamycin in Cellulitis
- Telbivudine During Early Pregnancy Prevents HBV Transmission
- Maternal Antibodies Hinder Antigenic Responses to Vaccines in Infants
- Sepsis-Related Mortality Decreased With Rapid Implementation of Protocol
- New Assay Targets Susceptibility to Ciprofloxacin in Gonorrhea
- Gut Microbiota Associated With Parkinson's Disease Progression
- Decrease Rate of S aureus Resistance Seen With Certain Antibiotics