Maternal Tdap vaccination was found to be highly protective against pertussis in newborns.
Regeneron discontinued further development of suptavumab for respiratory syncytial virus.
A new study examined whether isoniazid resistance was associated with variations in treatment outcomes in patients receiving standard first-line pharmacotherapy for TB.
A 'wait-and-see' approach may reduce the number of inappropriate antibiotic prescriptions for acute upper respiratory tract infections.
A change of QuantiFERON-TB interferon (IFN)γ values could improve tuberculosis detection.
Mycobacterium tuberculosis engages the host immune response to drive immunopathology and tissue destruction by disrupting negative regulatory pathways in human macrophages.
A recent update of a meta-analysis evaluating treatments for latent tuberculosis infection found that several regimens, including those with a low pill burden and short duration, were safe and effective.
Varicella-zoster virus-related community-acquired pneumonia can be linked to significant rates of morbidity and mortality in adults.
High-doses of atorvastatin reduced inflammation and improved health-related quality of life in patients with bronchiectasis.
Patients admitted to high-volume intensive care units with acute respiratory distress syndrome were likely to experience a shorter hospital stay and lower mortality rate.
A decrease in all-cause mortality associated with multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (TB) can be correlated with an increase in directly observed therapy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Guideline Update: Influenza Immunization Recommendations for 2017-2018
- Update on Pediatric HCV: Screening, Treatment, and Other Considerations
- Time to Sputum Culture Conversion Similar in Isoniazid-Resistant and Susceptible TB
- HPV Vaccine Does Not Increase Risk for Adverse Maternal, Infant Outcomes
- DAAs Effective for HCV in Patients With Thalassemia
- Mycoplasma genitalium: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- FDA: Vabomere Approved for Complicated UTI Following Priority Review
- Update on Safe, Effective Treatments for Latent Tuberculosis Infection
- New CDC Guidelines for SSI Prevention Leave Unanswered Questions
- Influenza Vaccination During Pregnancy Reduces Infant Risk for Acute Lower Respiratory Infection