Most Recent Articles by Sara Gianella Weibel, MD
Dr Gianella Weibel talks with Dr El-Bassel about factors that affect HIV health disparities in the United States and how couple-based HIV interventions can be implemented to address these inequalities.
Dr Gianella Weibel talks with Dr Li and Dr Dubé, investigators of a new study from the AIDS Clinical Trials Group, which uses an intensively monitored antiretroviral pause to identify changes in HIV reservoirs after anti-HIV medications are stopped.
The interactions between HIV, ART, human sexual behavior, and the gut microbiome are complex and sorting out these interactions will be important to design future interventions.
The stability of the latent HIV-1 reservoir presents a challenge to virus eradication. A recent study focuses on examining this mechanism in viral persistence.
Tenofovir gel reduced the incidence of HIV infection by 61% in women with Lactobacillus-dominant vaginal flora but only 18% in women with non-Lactobacillus bacteria, according to a new study.
More Articles by Sara Gianella Weibel, MD
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Practical Tips to Improve HIV/AIDS Medication Adherence
- Threat of Zika Virus Still Significant in California
- Protective Role of Pre-F Antibodies Against RSV Acute Respiratory Infection
- HCV Neuropsychiatric Symptoms Likely Linked to Virus' Effects on Brain Function
- Prenatal Tdap Vaccination Not Associated With an Increased Risk of Autism
- Evaluation of Appropriateness of Ceftriaxone Use in the Emergency Department
- Risk Factors for Prosthetic Joint Infection Increase Likelihood for Surgical Revision
- CDC: Increase in Rate of STDs for Fourth Consecutive Year in the United States
- Effect of Respiratory Tract Microbiome on Susceptibility to Viral Infections
- Gram-Negative Bacteria Antibiotic Susceptibility for Pneumonia in the ICU
- Food Insecurity Associated With Substance Use in Women Infected With HIV
- Penicillin Allergies: Commonly Reported but Rarely Accurate
- Neisseria Meningitidis Serogroup W Infections Increasing in Georgia
- Cardiac Changes Linked With Specific ARVs in Perinatally Acquired HIV
- Physical Activity Associated With Cognitive Benefits in Women Living With HIV