Sexually Transmitted Diseases Feature Archive
Study was the first to examine the geographical variation of seminal HPV prevalence, showing a relatively high prevalence in fertility clinic attendees when compared to the general population.
While Mycoplasma genitalium is emerging as one of the most common causes of sexually transmitted infections, and is often underrecognized and treated with ineffective antibiotics.
In an effort to combat extensive drug-resistance in gonorrhea, a new assay identifies patients who may still have a response to an older, less reliable therapy.
WHO releases new treatment guidelines for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis
Signs of emerging resistance to azithromycin suggests that this drug will be next in the long line of antibiotics to which gonorrhea bacteria have become resistant - a list that includes penicillin, tetracycline, and fluoroquinolones.
Evidence may suggest that universal test of cure may not be necessary for all patients.
College-aged students may benefit from continued education regarding the spread of HPV, especially oral transmission.
The report indicates that the percentage of schools providing sexual health education that meets CDC's criteria for sex education is generally low and varies widely by state.
There is increasing evidence that Mycoplasma genitalium (MG) is a sexually transmitted infection, according to findings published in the International Journal of Epidemiology.
Few states require human papillomavirus vaccination for adolescents and that the vaccination rates are far below those of other recommended vaccines.
While not statistically significant, participants who noted they had received the HPV vaccine also reported that they used condoms without fail at every sexual encounter.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Generic HIV Medicines: Boon or Bust?
- Insulin-Treated Diabetes Reduces Dysglycemia-Related Mortality in Sepsis
- It Costs $2.2 Billion a Year to Treat Antibiotic Resistance
- Pregnancy May Be Independently Associated With Prolonged Detection of Zika Virus RNA
- Tricyclic Antidepressants May Reduce Cirrhosis Risk in Hepatitis C
- Clostridium difficile Infection in the Intensive Care Setting
- Combating Medically Important Antibiotic Use in Food-Producing Animals
- Religious Exemptions vs Mandatory Vaccinations: An Expert Perspective
- 2018 Vaccination Schedule: Adults
- Fingerstick Point-of-Care Test Allows for Single-Visit HCV Diagnoses
- Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir Highly Efficacious for HCV/HIV Coinfection
- Fluoroquinolone Use May Increase Risk for Aortic Aneurysm and Dissection
- Reduced Risk of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in DAA-Treated HCV Infection
- Paracetamol Overuse During Cold and Flu Season
- C difficile Risk Higher With Stoma Reversal vs Colectomy