Current evidence suggests probiotics may be beneficial for patients with HIV or AIDS, potentially alleviating HIV-related symptoms and/or delaying disease ...
In addition to an elevated risk for developing cardiovascular disease, alcohol consumption poses significant health risks in patients with HIV ...
Addressing HIV-related stigma, burden of disclosure, and privacy issues is key to optimizing care in patients with HIV.
Next-generation sequencing technologies promise to improve assessment of the human microbiome, potentially opening the door to a wider set of ...
In the United States and Europe, the risk of HIV transmission from mother to infant had declined to historically low ...
The CDC updated guidelines to the USSPR.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria Have Long Resided on Ready-to-Eat Foods
- Infections Complicate Biologic Use in Autoimmune Inflammatory Disorders
- Tuberculosis Vaccine May Reverse Type 1 Diabetes
- No Benefits Seen for Adjunctive Clindamycin in Cellulitis
- Telbivudine During Early Pregnancy Prevents HBV Transmission
- Maternal Antibodies Hinder Antigenic Responses to Vaccines in Infants
- Sepsis-Related Mortality Decreased With Rapid Implementation of Protocol
- New Assay Targets Susceptibility to Ciprofloxacin in Gonorrhea
- Gut Microbiota Associated With Parkinson's Disease Progression
- Decrease Rate of S aureus Resistance Seen With Certain Antibiotics