Most Recent Articles by Stanford T. Shulman, MD
Stanford T. Shulman, MD, editorial advisory board member for Infectious Disease Advisor, outlines reasons why IDSA elected not to endorse the 2016 Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guidelines.
Public health and global health efforts to eradicate polio are closing in on their goal.
Andrew Wakefield's film Vaxxed: From Cover-Up to Catastrophe was pulled from the Tribeca Film Festival.
The key issue of course is proving causality rather than coincidence between administration of an antibiotic and a neurologic manifestation.
Officials with the World Health Organization have declared Zika a "global health emergency" and predicted the likely spread of Zika virus to all Western Hemisphere countries except Canada and Chile. They have recommended travel restrictions during pregnancy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Clinicians Warn That Zika Virus May Still Be an Area of Concern for Travelers
- Ceftazidime/Avibactam an Effective Option in Serious Gram-Negative Infections
- Effect of Dengue Serostatus on Dengue Vaccine Safety and Efficacy
- Inappropriate Prescribing of Antibiotics High in Urgent Care Centers
- Fixed-Dose Bictegravir Regimen: A Safe Alternative in Adults With HIV-1
- Universal Purchase Programs in the United States May Not Effectively Increase Vaccination Rates
- Tick-Caused Meat Allergy on the Rise in the United States
- Prognostic Biomarkers to Guide Antibiotic Therapy in Critically Ill Patients
- Sofosbuvir/Velpatavir Effective for HCV-Infected Liver Transplant Recipients
- Should Metronidazole Be Recommended for Mild Clostridium difficile Infections?
- Pegylated Interferon, Ribavirin May Improve LV Diastolic Dysfunction in Chronic Hepatitis C
- Automated HIV/Hepatitis C Screening Protocol Demonstrates High Efficacy
- Factors Increasing Risk for Hemorrhagic Stroke After Infective Endocarditis
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Hy-Vee Spring Pasta Salad
- Harms Reporting Limited in Trials of Prebiotics, Probiotics, Synbiotics