Rapid treatment of sepsis using mandated care bundles improves outcomes.
Meningococcal disease risk has been linked to eculizumab despite previous vaccination.
Using antimicrobial dressing instead of a non-antimicrobial dressing may increase healing of diabetic foot ulcers.
The WHO issued a new list of essential medicines for 2017, adding new treatments for HIV, hepatitis C virus, and tuberculosis.
Studies sought to describe the effects of teriflunomide treatment on lymphocyte counts and infection rates in relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS).
Researchers find that the spread of triazole-resistant Aspergillus fumigatus is linked to plant bulbs.
Researchers found that viruses were the most common cause of meningitis and encephalitis in the United States from 2011 to 2014.
Patients who received at least 2 doses of the recommended measles-mumps-rubella vaccine still suffered complications during an outbreak at the University of Iowa.
Bell's palsy is the only prespecified adverse event associated with the quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine.
Mortality in patients with rheumatic disease is associated with high cytomegalovirus titers.
Injections as effective as other contraceptives, but side effects prompted early halt of trial.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Infections Complicate Biologic Use in Autoimmune Inflammatory Disorders
- Some Antibiotics May Reduce Biofilm in Urinary Tract Infections
- Tuberculosis Vaccine May Reverse Type 1 Diabetes
- Sepsis-Related Mortality Decreased With Rapid Implementation of Protocol
- New Assay Targets Susceptibility to Ciprofloxacin in Gonorrhea
- Increased Incidence of Chlamydia Due to Changes in Cancer Screening Guidelines
- Serratia marcescens Outbreak After Drug Tampering in US Hospital
- Meningococcal Disease Risk Linked to Eculizumab Despite Vaccination
- Medicaid Enrollees Largely Satisfied With Their Health Care
- Ebola Vaccine Long-Term Safety and Antibody Response