Bell's palsy is the only prespecified adverse event associated with the quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine.
Mortality in patients with rheumatic disease is associated with high cytomegalovirus titers.
Injections as effective as other contraceptives, but side effects prompted early halt of trial.
The FDA is mandating a Boxed Warning about the risk of HBV reactivation in certain HCV drugs.
N-Methanocarbathymidine,a novel thymidine analog antiviral being developed by N&N Pharmaceuticals Inc.,has now been granted Orphan Drug Designation by the FDA.
New balloon device approved to treat Eustachian tube dysfunction.
Vonoprazan-based triple therapy safe and effective compared with conventional PPI-based triple treatment.
If a product contains B. cepacia, its use could result in infections in patients with compromised immune systems.
Number of Medicare beneficiaries getting compounded drugs up 281% since 2006.
Report demonstrates benefit in severe photophobia secondary to trigeminal postherpetic neuralgia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Restricting Fluoroquinolone Use Helped With CDI Decline in England
- Severe CDI Treatment With Vancomycin Has Lower 30-Day Mortality Risk
- Fecal Microbiota Transplant Effective for C Difficile in Pregnancy
- FDA Issues Guidance on Medical Product Marketing Language
- The Handoff: Your Week in Infectious Disease News - 2/17/17