Investigators review results from the first study to assess the efficacy of a Vi-conjugate vaccine using a controlled human infection model of typhoid fever.
The World Health Organization recommends vaccination in cases of confirmed outbreaks of typhoid fever, although data on the use of vaccines in controlling outbreaks are very limited and research to assess the value of vaccination in these cases is strongly recommended.
Researchers found that oral cholera vaccine efficacy was statistically significantly higher when administered to children 5 and older compared with children younger than 5, a difference that had been suspected but not conclusively demonstrated in previous trials.
Most drinking water-associated waterborne disease outbreaks and waterborne disease outbreaks associated with environmental or undetermined exposure to water are due to Legionella.
Report provides new recommendations and guidance for vaccination providers and travelers about the use of lyophilized CVD 103-HgR (Vaxchora, PaxVax, Redwood City, California).
The CDC is leading efforts to assist Haiti after Hurricane Matthew in examining damage to public health systems and provide support to affected Haitians.
Clinicians discussed their perspectives from the research during the 1976 outbreak.
Thousands may get sick every year with bacteria living in water pipes.
Agency looked at children's blood levels before, during, and after city's switch to local water.
In addition to increased incidence of elevated blood lead levels in children, two major clusters of Legionnaires' disease occurred since 2014 following a water switch, with 91 reported cases and 12 confirmed deaths to date.
When disinfectants combine with sweat, personal care products, urine, dangerous byproducts can form.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Importance of PrEP for People Involved in Criminal Justice Systems
- Increasing Incidence of Syphilis in People With HIV
- FDA: Possible Risk of Neural Tube Birth Defects With Certain Antiretroviral Agents
- Fungal Infections of the CNS: Diagnostic and Treatment Approaches
- Study Supports Development of a Vaccine for Recurrent Vulvovaginal Candidiasis
- Early Flow Cytometry Predictive of Clinical Deterioration in Sepsis
- Could a New Universal Tuberculosis Regimen Help End the TB Pandemic?
- Hepatitis C Virus Infection Linked to Gut Dysbiosis
- Two Hepatitis C Virus Infection Treatments to Be Discontinued
- Antibiotic Use During Pregnancy May Increase Risk for Childhood Asthma