The CDC is leading efforts to assist Haiti after Hurricane Matthew in examining damage to public health systems and provide support to affected Haitians.
Clinicians discussed their perspectives from the research during the 1976 outbreak.
Thousands may get sick every year with bacteria living in water pipes.
Agency looked at children's blood levels before, during, and after city's switch to local water.
In addition to increased incidence of elevated blood lead levels in children, two major clusters of Legionnaires' disease occurred since 2014 following a water switch, with 91 reported cases and 12 confirmed deaths to date.
When disinfectants combine with sweat, personal care products, urine, dangerous byproducts can form.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria Have Long Resided on Ready-to-Eat Foods
- Infections Complicate Biologic Use in Autoimmune Inflammatory Disorders
- Tuberculosis Vaccine May Reverse Type 1 Diabetes
- No Benefits Seen for Adjunctive Clindamycin in Cellulitis
- Telbivudine During Early Pregnancy Prevents HBV Transmission
- Maternal Antibodies Hinder Antigenic Responses to Vaccines in Infants
- Sepsis-Related Mortality Decreased With Rapid Implementation of Protocol
- New Assay Targets Susceptibility to Ciprofloxacin in Gonorrhea
- Gut Microbiota Associated With Parkinson's Disease Progression
- Decrease Rate of S aureus Resistance Seen With Certain Antibiotics