ACIP 2015 Complete Coverage
Final edits for the schedule will be posted in early 2016.
Officials with the ACIP heard details today about a meningococcal serogroup C outbreak in Chicago.
Some committee members noted that the adult and pediatric schedule do not 'pair up' as well as they should.
The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) met June 24-25 in Atlanta
The ACIP also reviewed the epidemiology of H5N1 and delayed the vote on recommendations due to vaccine production delays.
Patients who have already completed an HPV vaccine series do not need to restart series.
Officials with GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer announced that the ACIP voted for a Category B recommendation for meningococcal group B vaccination in adolescents and young adults aged 16 to 23.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Dundee Severity Classification Improves Management of Patients With Cellulitis
- Three New Ebola Vaccines Demonstrate Persistent Immune Response
- Isavuconazole Not Noninferior to Caspofungin for Invasive Candida Infections
- Pregnant Women Commonly Refuse Vaccines
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Death From Brain-Eating Amoeba
- Prenatal Malaria Exposure Modulates Innate Immune Responses at Birth
- Best Approach to Reduce Surgical Site Infections Before Colorectal Surgery
- A Single Triple-Drug Treatment for Lymphatic Filariasis
- Cyclosporiasis Cases Markedly Higher in 2018 Than Previous 2 Years
- Mail-Based HPV Testing May Increase Access