Live Coverage from ASM 2016
Researchers from Cincinnati Children's Hospital found that Infection control protocols reduced MRSA transmission among patients with cystic fibrosis.
Recent data from ASM 2016 highlight the importance of developing new medications for sepsis.
These clinical findings represent a new approach to treatment, and may provide a new option for patients suffering from chronic, recurrent genital herpes.
Two prominent Shigella flexneri serotypes could offer broad spectrum immunity from shigellosis.
Researchers from the University of Michigan developed a vaccine to target siderophores in urinary tract infections.
Otitis-Prone Children Characterized By Differential Gene Expression in Both Healthy and Acute Otitis Media States
The reesarchers conducted a differential expression analysis to compare otitis-prone subjects with non-otitis-prone subjects
The compound reduced virus copies in the cells being infected, but it also reduced viral progenies production in the subsequent rounds of virus replication, which stopped the virus from spreading to healthy, noninfected tissues.
Importance of C difficile transmission routes varies by setting.
Thirty-nine patients enrolled in this phase 2b study were infected with HIV strains that exclusively use CCR5 co-receptors, with ten continuing treatment today (one and a half years on PRO 140).
Just 4% of patients who used the service needed to see a physician
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Dundee Severity Classification Improves Management of Patients With Cellulitis
- Three New Ebola Vaccines Demonstrate Persistent Immune Response
- Isavuconazole Not Noninferior to Caspofungin for Invasive Candida Infections
- Pregnant Women Commonly Refuse Vaccines
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Death From Brain-Eating Amoeba
- Prenatal Malaria Exposure Modulates Innate Immune Responses at Birth
- Best Approach to Reduce Surgical Site Infections Before Colorectal Surgery
- A Single Triple-Drug Treatment for Lymphatic Filariasis
- Cyclosporiasis Cases Markedly Higher in 2018 Than Previous 2 Years
- Mail-Based HPV Testing May Increase Access