Generic Name and Formulations:
Bicalutamide 50mg; tabs.
Indications for CASODEX:
In combination with luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) analogue in stage D2 metastatic prostate carcinoma.
Take at the same time each day. 50mg daily. Start treatment at same time as starting LHRH analogue.
Moderate to severe hepatic impairment. Monitor prostate specific antigen and hepatic function (discontinue if ALT >2xULN or if jaundice occurs). Males with female partners of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during therapy and for 130 days after final dose. Nursing mothers.
Monitor oral anticoagulants.
Hot flashes, gynecomastia, breast pain, diarrhea, pain, asthenia, infection, dyspnea, impotence, loss of libido, others (see full labeling); rare: hepatitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Antibiotic Use in Neonatal Settings in Need of Improvement
- Whole Genome Sequencing Use in Predicting TB Resistance
- Rapid Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing on Urine Directly Accelerates Results
- Antibiotics May Be Beneficial in Children With Prolonged Wet Cough
- Emergency Department Overcrowding Associated With Delayed Antibiotics in Patients With Sepsis
- Interferon Alfa May Decrease the Incidence of Chronic HCV Infection
- Predicative Factors for Relapse in Adult Bacterial Osteomyelitis
- Supply Updates Announced for Recombivax HBV Vaccines
- Point-of-Care Testing Methods Compared for Influenza Detection
- Success With DAA for Hepatitis C Prior to Stem Cell Transplant