Most Recent Articles by Cassandra Pardini
The study included 17,149,480 patients obtained from 2 national laboratory datasets who were screened between 2013 and 2016 based on an AB test.
In order to determine HCV reinfection rates following sustained virologic response (SVR) in the overall population as well as in PWID, the study authors analyzed data obtained from a population-based study that included >1.7 million people that were tested for HCV.
ERCHIVES (Electronically Retrieved Cohort of HCV Infected Veterans) was utilized to identify all patients who received HCV treatment for at least 7 weeks as well as a propensity-score matched group who did not receive treatment.
In order to determine the association between CHC and parkinsonism, the study authors utilized the National Health Insurance Research Database in Taiwan to identify CHC patients between 2004 and 2012.
The review analyzed 168 patients treated with an oral DAA at a single center from 2015 to 2017.
More Articles by Cassandra Pardini
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Novel H pylori Eradication Therapy Effective in Phase 3 Trial
- Polymyxin B Hemoperfusion Does Not Change Mortality Rate in Septic Shock
- Pediatric ART Leads to Increasing Mitochondrial DNA Mutations
- New Four Drug Regimen Effective in Patients With HCV Who Inject Drugs
- Prior Influenza Vaccination Not Associated With Future Vaccine Efficacy in Children