Vaginal microbiota dominated by L iners has been shown to exhibit rapid change in composition in and out of community states similar to bacterial vaginosis.
Recent cervical cancer screening guideline changes in Canada were associated with reduced chlamydia testing and reported new cases of chlamydia in women.
Tryptophan starvation did not completely block chlamydial development in high-risk human papillomavirus (HPV) negative C33A cell lines.
Researchers found only 3 cases of follicular trachoma and one case of infection in 2 districts, well below the World Health Organization criteria.
Bacteria's ability to spread within cells was halted, researcher says.
Although study did not establish noninferiority of azithromycin versus doxycycline.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Generic HIV Medicines: Boon or Bust?
- Insulin-Treated Diabetes Reduces Dysglycemia-Related Mortality in Sepsis
- It Costs $2.2 Billion a Year to Treat Antibiotic Resistance
- Tricyclic Antidepressants May Reduce Cirrhosis Risk in Hepatitis C
- Pregnancy May Be Independently Associated With Prolonged Detection of Zika Virus RNA
- Clostridium difficile Infection in the Intensive Care Setting
- Combating Medically Important Antibiotic Use in Food-Producing Animals
- Religious Exemptions vs Mandatory Vaccinations: An Expert Perspective
- 2018 Vaccination Schedule: Adults
- Fingerstick Point-of-Care Test Allows for Single-Visit HCV Diagnoses
- Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir Highly Efficacious for HCV/HIV Coinfection
- Fluoroquinolone Use May Increase Risk for Aortic Aneurysm and Dissection
- Reduced Risk of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in DAA-Treated HCV Infection
- Paracetamol Overuse During Cold and Flu Season
- C difficile Risk Higher With Stoma Reversal vs Colectomy