Vaginal microbiota dominated by L iners has been shown to exhibit rapid change in composition in and out of community states similar to bacterial vaginosis.
Recent cervical cancer screening guideline changes in Canada were associated with reduced chlamydia testing and reported new cases of chlamydia in women.
Tryptophan starvation did not completely block chlamydial development in high-risk human papillomavirus (HPV) negative C33A cell lines.
Researchers found only 3 cases of follicular trachoma and one case of infection in 2 districts, well below the World Health Organization criteria.
Bacteria's ability to spread within cells was halted, researcher says.
Although study did not establish noninferiority of azithromycin versus doxycycline.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- The Misuse of Antibiotics in Acute Pancreatitis Appears Widespread
- ART Reduces Neurocognitive Impairment in Patients Living With HIV
- Tackling the Challenges Associated With Treating Hepatitis C Infection in Pediatric Patients
- Mental Health Problems in Adolescents With HIV: Overview & Expert Interview
- Severity of Acute Respiratory Infections in Children Affected by Viral Etiology
- Antibiotic Prophylaxis Before Dental Procedures May Be Unnecessary
- Penicillin Allergies: Commonly Reported but Rarely Accurate
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treatments
- Oral Ciprofloxacin Effective in Treatment for Bacteremia
- Need for Adequate Screening for Infants With HCV Infected Mothers During Pregnancy
- Prophylaxis With TMP-SMX Did Not Alter Risk for Non-UTI Infections
- Low Recurrence With Shortened IV Abx Course in GBS Bacteremia
- Renal-Replacement Timing Has No Effect in Kidney Injury, Sepsis
- One-Time, Universal Screening for Hepatitis C Is Cost-Effective
- Pneumococcal H Influenzae Protein D Conjugate Vaccine Effective in Children