CLARINEX SYRUP Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Desloratadine 0.5mg/mL; bubble-gum flavor.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for CLARINEX SYRUP:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis (for patients ≥2yrs old). Perennial allergic rhinitis, chronic idiopathic urticaria (for patients ≥6 months old).
Adults and Children:
<6 months: not recommended. 6 months–11 months: 1mg (2mL). 1–5yrs: 1.25mg (2.5mL). 6–11yrs: 2.5mg (5mL). ≥12yrs: 5mg (10mL). All: once daily.
ODT: Phenylketonurics. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Pharyngitis, dry mouth or throat, myalgia, fatigue, somnolence, dysmenorrhea, headache, nausea, dizziness. Children: fever, diarrhea, upper respiratory infections, irritability, coughing.
Formerly known under the brand name Clarinex ODT.
Tabs (YES); syrup (NO)
Tabs—100, 500; Syrup—4oz, 16oz; ODT—contact supplier
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Antibiotic Use in Neonatal Settings in Need of Improvement
- Whole Genome Sequencing Use in Predicting TB Resistance
- Rapid Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing on Urine Directly Accelerates Results
- Antibiotics May Be Beneficial in Children With Prolonged Wet Cough
- Emergency Department Overcrowding Associated With Delayed Antibiotics in Patients With Sepsis
- Interferon Alfa May Decrease the Incidence of Chronic HCV Infection
- Predicative Factors for Relapse in Adult Bacterial Osteomyelitis
- Supply Updates Announced for Recombivax HBV Vaccines
- Point-of-Care Testing Methods Compared for Influenza Detection
- Success With DAA for Hepatitis C Prior to Stem Cell Transplant