Generic Name and Formulations:
In vitro test. Contain sodium hydroxide; reagent tabs (copper reduction).
Bayer Corp, Diagnostics Div.
Indications for CLINITEST:
Detection of urine reducing sugars.
Adults and Children:
Test according to package directions. Use 2 drop test for up to 5% sugar and 5 drop test for up to 2% sugar.
Not for ingestion.
Poisonous. Causes severe burns. Do not use if tabs darken.
False (+) with penicillins, salicylates, ascorbic acid, nalidixic acid, cephalosporins, probenecid, lactose, fructose, galactose, pentoses.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Antibiotic Use in Neonatal Settings in Need of Improvement
- Whole Genome Sequencing Use in Predicting TB Resistance
- Rapid Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing on Urine Directly Accelerates Results
- Antibiotics May Be Beneficial in Children With Prolonged Wet Cough
- Emergency Department Overcrowding Associated With Delayed Antibiotics in Patients With Sepsis
- Success With DAA for Hepatitis C Prior to Stem Cell Transplant
- Shorter Antibiotic Course Noninferior for Gram-Negative Bacteremia
- Dolutegravir Plus Lamivudine Promising for HIV Maintenance Therapy
- Trial Results Affected by Heterogeneous CAP Inclusion Criteria
- Screening Blood Donations Mitigates Transfusion-Transmitted Babesiosis Risk