Most Recent Articles by George Marzouka, MD
A 56-year-old man with improved flu-like symptoms, but marked shortness of breath and palpitations, presents to an urgent care center.
A middle-aged man presents to the emergency department with a complete heart block, dizziness, fatigue and a recent syncopal episode after camping.
Middle-aged woman who received a heart transplant 1 year ago because of dilated cardiomyopathy now presents with mild fever and generalized weakness.
A middle-aged man with no significant medical history presents to the local urgent care center after 3 days of fevers, sore throat, rhinitis, coughing, and myalgia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Generic HIV Medicines: Boon or Bust?
- ACOG: Updated Recommendations for Influenza Vaccination During Pregnancy
- Pregnancy May Be Independently Associated With Prolonged Detection of Zika Virus RNA
- It Costs $2.2 Billion a Year to Treat Antibiotic Resistance
- An Effective Zika Vaccine May Eliminate Prenatal Infections
- Fingerstick Point-of-Care Test Allows for Single-Visit HCV Diagnoses
- Clostridium difficile Infection in the Intensive Care Setting
- Combating Medically Important Antibiotic Use in Food-Producing Animals
- Religious Exemptions vs Mandatory Vaccinations: An Expert Perspective
- 2018 Vaccination Schedule: Adults
- Possible Inhibitory Effect of HCV-Induced Steatogenesis by HBV
- Delayed Management of Severe Sepsis, Septic Shock Increases Mortality
- MenB Vaccine Gets Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Children Ages 1-9 Years
- CDC: Recommendations on the Use of Heplisav-B Published
- Non-Targeted HIV Testing in ED Acceptable to Patients