Individuals with certain occupations or in certain populations may be more at risk of fatality from hantavirus pulmonary syndrome.
Symptoms of Seoul virus infection include fever, headache, and back pain.
CDC is currently investigating cases of Seoul virus infections in 8 workers from several rat-breeding facilities in Illinois and Wisconsin.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Isavuconazole Not Noninferior to Caspofungin for Invasive Candida Infections
- Dundee Severity Classification Improves Management of Patients With Cellulitis
- Three New Ebola Vaccines Demonstrate Persistent Immune Response
- Pregnant Women Commonly Refuse Vaccines
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Death From Brain-Eating Amoeba
- Prenatal Malaria Exposure Modulates Innate Immune Responses at Birth
- Best Approach to Reduce Surgical Site Infections Before Colorectal Surgery
- A Single Triple-Drug Treatment for Lymphatic Filariasis
- Cyclosporiasis Cases Markedly Higher in 2018 Than Previous 2 Years
- Mail-Based HPV Testing May Increase Access