A new nucleotide analog is a pangenotypic HCV nonstructural protein 5B inhibitor that is well tolerated when administered in single and multiple doses.
Low rates of HBsAg seroclearance were found in untreated and treated patients with chronic hepatitis B infection.
Investigators aimed to determine rates and predictors of cirrhosis and cirrhosis-related complications in patients with chronic hepatitis B infection.
Investigators examined the cost of screening for HCV utilizing 2 methods, ELISA followed by PCR and PCR alone.
[published online July 5]. J Hepatol. doi: 10.1016/j.jhep.2018.06.001
[published online May 30, 2018]. Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. doi: 10.1016/S2468-1253(18)30118-3
[published online May 12, 2018]. Hepatol Int. doi: 10.1007/s12072-018-9868-8
[published online May 16, 2018]. J Viral Hepat. doi:10.1111/jvh.12932
[published online July 3, 2018]. J Viral Hepat. doi: 10.1111/jvh.12964.
[published online June 29]. Gut. doi: 10.1136/gutjnl-2018-316490.
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
- Infectious Diseases Society of America: Hepatitis C
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases: Hepatitis
- US Department of Health and Human Services: Viral Hepatitis
- Recommendations for Prevention and Control of Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Infection and HCV-Related Chronic Disease
- CDC: Hepatitis
US Department of Health and Human Services. Hepatitis A General Fact Sheet.
US Department of Health and Human Services. Hepatitis B General Fact Sheet.
US Department of Health and Human Services. Hepatitis C General Fact Sheet
CDC: Hepatitis C and Injection Drug Use General Fact Sheet
CDC: HCV Information on Testing & Diagnosis Fact Sheet
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Homeopathy No Better Than Placebo for Respiratory Infections in Children
- CDC Director Says Congo Ebola Outbreak May Be Uncontainable
- CDC Updates Recommendations for Hepatitis A Vaccination for International Travel
- Long-Term HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis May Induce Significant Microbiome Shifts
- 10th Child Dies in Adenovirus Outbreak at NJ Facility
- Oral Urinary Tract Infection Treatments
- Treating Pseudomonas aeruginosa Infections: Highlights From IDWeek 2018
- Local Gentamicin Application Ineffective in Treatment of Periprosthetic Joint Infection
- High-Dose Influenza Vaccination May Benefit Transplant Recipients
- Social Medicine: The Effect of Social Media on the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- GERD Diagnosis and Management Guidelines
- Improved Care Needed for People With HIV in Prison and After Release
- Novel Point of Care Respiratory Viral Testing Service Shows Potential
- A New Nucleotide Analog Is Well Tolerated, Efficacious Against HCV Genotype 1-4
- Many Linens Delivered To US Hospitals Contaminated With Mucorales Mold