HCV viral eradication resulted in improved left ventricular diastolic dysfunction.
Real-world effectiveness of elbasvir/grazoprevir for HCV GT1 or GT4 is similar in the US Veterans Affairs-treated population as compared with those reported in clinical trials.
Treatment with sofosbuvir/velpatasvir/voxilaprevir led to improvements in patient-reported outcomes in patients who had previously not responded to another DAA regimen.
Point-Counterpoint: Should We Implement Needle Exchange Programs for the Prevention of Hepatitis C Virus?
Of the approximately 12.7 to 16 million people who inject drugs (PWID) worldwide, an estimated 10 million individuals have hepatitis C virus (HCV), making it the most prevalent infectious disease in this population.
[published online July 5]. J Hepatol. doi: 10.1016/j.jhep.2018.06.001
[published online May 30, 2018]. Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. doi: 10.1016/S2468-1253(18)30118-3
[published online May 12, 2018]. Hepatol Int. doi: 10.1007/s12072-018-9868-8
[published online May 16, 2018]. J Viral Hepat. doi:10.1111/jvh.12932
[published online July 3, 2018]. J Viral Hepat. doi: 10.1111/jvh.12964.
[published online June 29]. Gut. doi: 10.1136/gutjnl-2018-316490.
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
- Infectious Diseases Society of America: Hepatitis C
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases: Hepatitis
- US Department of Health and Human Services: Viral Hepatitis
- Recommendations for Prevention and Control of Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Infection and HCV-Related Chronic Disease
- CDC: Hepatitis
US Department of Health and Human Services. Hepatitis A General Fact Sheet.
US Department of Health and Human Services. Hepatitis B General Fact Sheet.
US Department of Health and Human Services. Hepatitis C General Fact Sheet
CDC: Hepatitis C and Injection Drug Use General Fact Sheet
CDC: HCV Information on Testing & Diagnosis Fact Sheet
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Clinicians Warn That Zika Virus May Still Be an Area of Concern for Travelers
- Inappropriate Prescribing of Antibiotics High in Urgent Care Centers
- Fixed-Dose Bictegravir Regimen: A Safe Alternative in Adults With HIV-1
- Point-Counterpoint: Should We Implement Needle Exchange Programs for the Prevention of Hepatitis C Virus?
- FDA: Vibrio parahaemolyticus Illnesses Tied to Fresh Crab Meat From Venezuela
- Universal Purchase Programs in the United States May Not Effectively Increase Vaccination Rates
- Tick-Caused Meat Allergy on the Rise in the United States
- Prognostic Biomarkers to Guide Antibiotic Therapy in Critically Ill Patients
- Sofosbuvir/Velpatavir Effective for HCV-Infected Liver Transplant Recipients
- Should Metronidazole Be Recommended for Mild Clostridium difficile Infections?
- Same-Day ART Initiation in HIV+ Pregnant Women Does Not Worsen Outcomes
- Novel Nanodiagnostic Panel May Reduce Empiric Antifungal Use in High-Risk Candidemia
- Antimicrobial Lock Solutions Are Cost-Effective for Preventing Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections
- Predictors of Influenza Vaccine Acceptance in Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases
- Pegylated Interferon, Ribavirin May Improve LV Diastolic Dysfunction in Chronic Hepatitis C