Maternal use of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate does not lower hepatitis B virus transmission rates.
For patients with chronic HBV, BMI is significantly associated with increased risk of hepatocellular carcinoma.
Future research should develop interventions to increase HCV screening with special focus on groups demonstrating significantly lower screening rates, such as Hispanics and women.
Alcohol dependence has deleterious effects on frontal cortical volumes that are compounded by hepatitis C virus infection and drug dependence.
HCV eradication by DAA improves carotid atherosclerosis in patients with advanced fibrosis and compensated cirrhosis.
Hepatitis B Usual Dosing Chart
The FDA approval of Heplisav-B was based on data from 3 phase 3 noninferiority trials involving close to 10,000 adults who received the vaccine.
Hepatitis C Virus Infection dose chart with characteristics of patients for whom therapy is widely accepted.
A case of remission of psoriasis after treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus has been described.
Shorter duration of glecaprevir-pibrentasvir effective against hepatitis C virus: The ENDURANCE trials
Both 8 and 12-week regimens of glecaprevir-pibrentasvir were highly efficacious in producing sustained virologic response in patients infected with hepatitis C virus genotypes 1 and 3, and the 8-week treatment duration was noninferior to 12-week duration.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Generic HIV Medicines: Boon or Bust?
- Insulin-Treated Diabetes Reduces Dysglycemia-Related Mortality in Sepsis
- It Costs $2.2 Billion a Year to Treat Antibiotic Resistance
- Tricyclic Antidepressants May Reduce Cirrhosis Risk in Hepatitis C
- Pregnancy May Be Independently Associated With Prolonged Detection of Zika Virus RNA
- Clostridium difficile Infection in the Intensive Care Setting
- Combating Medically Important Antibiotic Use in Food-Producing Animals
- Religious Exemptions vs Mandatory Vaccinations: An Expert Perspective
- 2018 Vaccination Schedule: Adults
- Fingerstick Point-of-Care Test Allows for Single-Visit HCV Diagnoses
- Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir Highly Efficacious for HCV/HIV Coinfection
- Fluoroquinolone Use May Increase Risk for Aortic Aneurysm and Dissection
- Reduced Risk of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in DAA-Treated HCV Infection
- Paracetamol Overuse During Cold and Flu Season
- C difficile Risk Higher With Stoma Reversal vs Colectomy