Dedicated resources are needed to optimize HIV care for people living with HIV while they are in prison and link them to care following release.
PLWHIV who have received treatment had lower whole-brain standardized uptake values compared to healthy controls with risk for CVD as the best predictor.
Dosing recommendations for lopinavir/ritonavir include larger doses for infants; this may still result in low drug concentrations for infants younger than 6 months of age receiving the liquid formulation.
The "8.1 Pregnancy" and "12.3 Pharmacokinetics" sections have been updated with data showing no increase in the risk of overall major birth defects with 1st trimester exposure for rilpivirine.
Symptoms of depression and heavy alcohol use interact to lower the chances of achieving virologic suppression in people with HIV infection.
[published online June 15, 2018]. doi: 10.1016/S2352-3018(18)30091-2
[published online July 2, 2018]. J Infect Dis. doi: 10.1093/infdis/jiy349
[published online June 20, 2018]. AIDS. doi: 10.1097/QAD.0000000000001911
[published online June 26, 2018]. Clin Infect Dis. doi: 10.1093/cid/ciy515
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Homeopathy No Better Than Placebo for Respiratory Infections in Children
- CDC Director Says Congo Ebola Outbreak May Be Uncontainable
- CDC Updates Recommendations for Hepatitis A Vaccination for International Travel
- Long-Term HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis May Induce Significant Microbiome Shifts
- 10th Child Dies in Adenovirus Outbreak at NJ Facility
- Oral Urinary Tract Infection Treatments
- Treating Pseudomonas aeruginosa Infections: Highlights From IDWeek 2018
- Local Gentamicin Application Ineffective in Treatment of Periprosthetic Joint Infection
- High-Dose Influenza Vaccination May Benefit Transplant Recipients
- Social Medicine: The Effect of Social Media on the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- GERD Diagnosis and Management Guidelines
- Improved Care Needed for People With HIV in Prison and After Release
- Novel Point of Care Respiratory Viral Testing Service Shows Potential
- A New Nucleotide Analog Is Well Tolerated, Efficacious Against HCV Genotype 1-4
- Many Linens Delivered To US Hospitals Contaminated With Mucorales Mold