Since the first clinical observation of HIV/AIDS in 1981, some 35.4 million people have died from AIDS-related illnesses.
Investigators evaluated the safety and effectiveness of conventional therapy with biologic immunosuppressive drugs to treat patients with HIV infection and psoriasis.
Increased proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9) levels in people with HIV may be related to abnormal coronary endothelial function.
The FDA has approved Temixys tablets for use in combination with other antiretroviral agents for the treatment of HIV-1 infection in patients weighing ≥35kg.
Men who have sex with men have an increased risk of meningococcal disease, however, this risk is under-ascertained and improved surveillance is needed.
Screening recommended for those ages 15 to 65 years, including pregnant women.
No transmissions with antiretroviral tx, viral load of less than 200 copies/mL four to six months apart.
Increased cancer prevention, screening, and treatment are needed for people living with HIV both before and after an initial cancer diagnosis.
The new "F4" formulation is 4 times more concentrated than the version currently available on the market.
ART prior to becoming pregnant was linked with reduced risk for hospitalization because of infections in seronegative infants who are exposed to HIV.
Ensuring access to HIV services and harm-reduction interventions earlier could substantially reduce HIV incidence over the course of an actual outbreak.
A rapid, targeted, high-coverage rollout of HIV PrEP is associated with a decrease in HIV diagnoses among high-risk MSM.
HIV-exposed infants have high rates of congenital cytomegalovirus (cCMV) infection, and in utero HIV infection seems to be a major risk factor for cCMV.
But five-year survival was above 50 percent among HIV-infected Hispanics across HPV-related cancer types.
Family-centered pediatric advance care planning may result in fewer symptoms, less suffering.
SIGN UP FOR FREE E-NEWSLETTERS
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Dundee Severity Classification Improves Management of Patients With Cellulitis
- Three New Ebola Vaccines Demonstrate Persistent Immune Response
- Isavuconazole Not Noninferior to Caspofungin for Invasive Candida Infections
- Pregnant Women Commonly Refuse Vaccines
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Death From Brain-Eating Amoeba
- Prenatal Malaria Exposure Modulates Innate Immune Responses at Birth
- Best Approach to Reduce Surgical Site Infections Before Colorectal Surgery
- A Single Triple-Drug Treatment for Lymphatic Filariasis
- Cyclosporiasis Cases Markedly Higher in 2018 Than Previous 2 Years
- Mail-Based HPV Testing May Increase Access