Generic Name and Formulations:
Ecallantide 10mg/mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Shire US, Inc.
Indications for KALBITOR:
Treatment of acute attacks of hereditary angioedema (HAE).
Give 30mg SC in three 10mg (1mL) inj into abdomen, thigh, or upper arm. May give additional 30mg within 24hrs if attack persists.
<12yrs: not established.
Have medical support available to manage anaphylaxis and hereditary angioedema. Monitor closely for hypersensitivity reactions. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Plasma kallikrein inhibitor.
Headache, nausea, diarrhea, pyrexia, inj site reactions, nasopharyngitis, fatigue, upper respiratory tract infection, pruritus, upper abdominal pain; anaphylaxis, antibody formation.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Antibiotic Use in Neonatal Settings in Need of Improvement
- Whole Genome Sequencing Use in Predicting TB Resistance
- Rapid Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing on Urine Directly Accelerates Results
- Antibiotics May Be Beneficial in Children With Prolonged Wet Cough
- Emergency Department Overcrowding Associated With Delayed Antibiotics in Patients With Sepsis
- Success With DAA for Hepatitis C Prior to Stem Cell Transplant
- Shorter Antibiotic Course Noninferior for Gram-Negative Bacteremia
- Dolutegravir Plus Lamivudine Promising for HIV Maintenance Therapy
- Trial Results Affected by Heterogeneous CAP Inclusion Criteria
- Screening Blood Donations Mitigates Transfusion-Transmitted Babesiosis Risk