BUN and/or Creatinine Increased: Postrenal Cause
Obstruction originating within the urinary tract:
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
Blood clots or sloughed cells
Functional abnormalities of urinary tract.
Obstruction originating outside the urinary tract :
Tumor or mass adjacent to the urinary tract
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Tests to assess predisposition to form urinary calculi
Tests for infection within the urinary tract
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Importance of PrEP for People Involved in Criminal Justice Systems
- CDC Report on Recommendation Adherence in Uncomplicated Gonorrhea Treatment
- Increasing Incidence of Syphilis in People With HIV
- FDA: Possible Risk of Neural Tube Birth Defects With Certain Antiretroviral Agents
- MenACWY-TT Vaccine Can Be Effectively Coadministered With Routine Pediatric Immunizations
- Infections Complicating the Use of Monoclonal Antibodies for Malignancy
- Curbing Overuse of Blood Cultures in the Emergency Department
- How Important Is the Timing of Antibiotics for Surviving Sepsis?
- The 'Attitude Roots' Underlying Antivaccination Beliefs
- Why Treating Major Depressive Disorder Improves Outcomes in HIV
- AAP Recommends Shot Over Nasal Spray for 2018-2019 Flu Season
- Study Supports Development of a Vaccine for Recurrent Vulvovaginal Candidiasis
- Liver Stiffness Measurement as a Potential Screening Tool for Liver-Related Events in HCV
- Doptelet Approved for Chronic Liver Disease Patients With Thrombocytopenia
- Good Evidence That HPV Vaccines Protect Against Cervical Precancer