Most Recent Articles by Lea Eslava-Kim
The FDA granted Breakthrough Therapy designation to Synthetic Biologics' ribaxamase SYN-004 for Clostridium difficile infection prevention.
Zolyd (fosfomycin for injection) was found to be safe and generally well-tolerated, mostly with mild and transient treatment emergent adverse events reported.
Paratek announced positive outcomes for their phase 3 trial of omadacycline for treating community-acquired bacterial pneumonia.
The FDA has granted Qualified Infectious Disease Product (QIDP) to D-PLEX (Doxycycline/Polymer-Lipid Encapsulation Matrix; PolyPid), a secured antibiotic drug reservoir for the local prevention and treatment of surgical infections.
FDA has granted Orphan Drug designation to the recombinant rF1V plague vaccine for pre-exposure prophylaxis of Yersinia pestis infection, also known as, the plague.
More Articles by Lea Eslava-Kim
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Topical Antibacterial Agent Effective for Treatment of Impetigo
- Novel H pylori Eradication Therapy Effective in Phase 3 Trial
- Polymyxin B Hemoperfusion Does Not Change Mortality Rate in Septic Shock
- Addiction Medicine Consultation Improves Antibiotic Compliance in Patients with Opioid Use Disorders
- Guideline Adoption for Childhood Community-Acquired Pneumonia
- High Sensitivity, Specificity for Chlamydia Point-of-Care Test
- Infections Linked to Increased Later Risk for Mental Disorders
- Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir Effective in Hepatitis C Genotypes 5 and 6
- Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Risk Higher in Premature Infants
- Management Mycobacterium chimaera Outbreak From Heater-Cooler Units