Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciclopirox 0.77%; crm; lotion.
Medimetriks Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for LOPROX:
Tinea pedis, t. cruris, t. corporis, t. versicolor. Cutaneous candidiasis.
Adults and Children:
<10yrs: not recommended. ≥10yrs: Apply and gently massage into affected and surrounding areas twice daily for up to 4 wks.
Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, occlusion. Discontinue if irritation or sensitization occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Pruritus, burning sensation, contact dermatitis.
Crm—15g, 30g, 90g; Lotion—30mL, 60mL; Gel—30g, 45g; Shampoo—120mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Antibiotic Use in Neonatal Settings in Need of Improvement
- Whole Genome Sequencing Use in Predicting TB Resistance
- Rapid Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing on Urine Directly Accelerates Results
- Antibiotics May Be Beneficial in Children With Prolonged Wet Cough
- Emergency Department Overcrowding Associated With Delayed Antibiotics in Patients With Sepsis
- Interferon Alfa May Decrease the Incidence of Chronic HCV Infection
- Predicative Factors for Relapse in Adult Bacterial Osteomyelitis
- Supply Updates Announced for Recombivax HBV Vaccines
- Point-of-Care Testing Methods Compared for Influenza Detection
- Success With DAA for Hepatitis C Prior to Stem Cell Transplant