MONISTAT 1 COMBINATION PACK OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Miconazole 1200mg (vaginal supp), miconazole nitrate 2% (topical crm).
Prestige Brands, Inc.
Indications for MONISTAT 1 COMBINATION PACK:
Insert 1 supp vaginally once at bedtime. Crm: apply twice daily as needed for up to 7 days.
Use of contraceptive diaphragm or condoms within 3 days, or use of tampons, douches, or spermicides within 7 days: not recommended. Confirm diagnosis by KOH smears +/or cultures. If ineffective, reconfirm diagnosis before repeating therapy. Discontinue if irritation occur. 1st trimester of pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May potentiate warfarin.
Vulvovaginal burning, itching or irritation; edema, cramps, nausea, headache, rash, urticaria.
Combination Pack—1x1200mg supp (w. applicator or prefilled applicator) + 9g topical crm
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Antibiotic Use in Neonatal Settings in Need of Improvement
- Whole Genome Sequencing Use in Predicting TB Resistance
- Rapid Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing on Urine Directly Accelerates Results
- Antibiotics May Be Beneficial in Children With Prolonged Wet Cough
- Emergency Department Overcrowding Associated With Delayed Antibiotics in Patients With Sepsis
- Success With DAA for Hepatitis C Prior to Stem Cell Transplant
- Shorter Antibiotic Course Noninferior for Gram-Negative Bacteremia
- Dolutegravir Plus Lamivudine Promising for HIV Maintenance Therapy
- Trial Results Affected by Heterogeneous CAP Inclusion Criteria
- Screening Blood Donations Mitigates Transfusion-Transmitted Babesiosis Risk