NEOSPORIN G.U. Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Neomycin (as sulfate) 40mg, polymyxin B sulfate 200000units; per mL; soln for bladder irrigation after dilution; amp; vial (contains parabens).
Indications for NEOSPORIN G.U.:
Short-term (up to 10 days) prophylaxis of bacteriuria and gram (–) rod septicemia associated with indwelling urinary catheters.
Dilute 1mL in 1L of normal saline and use daily as continuous bladder irrigant; max 10 days.
Nonintact bladder. Irrigation of wounds, burns. Recent lower urinary tract surgery.
Impaired renal function. Dehydration. Monitor urine cultures. Elderly. Infants. Pregnancy (Cat.D).
Superinfection, local irritation, ototoxicity, nephrotoxicity.
Amps (1mL)—10, 50
Multidose vial (20mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Antibiotic Use in Neonatal Settings in Need of Improvement
- Whole Genome Sequencing Use in Predicting TB Resistance
- Rapid Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing on Urine Directly Accelerates Results
- Antibiotics May Be Beneficial in Children With Prolonged Wet Cough
- Emergency Department Overcrowding Associated With Delayed Antibiotics in Patients With Sepsis
- Success With DAA for Hepatitis C Prior to Stem Cell Transplant
- Shorter Antibiotic Course Noninferior for Gram-Negative Bacteremia
- Dolutegravir Plus Lamivudine Promising for HIV Maintenance Therapy
- Trial Results Affected by Heterogeneous CAP Inclusion Criteria
- Screening Blood Donations Mitigates Transfusion-Transmitted Babesiosis Risk