Generic Name and Formulations:
Permethrin 1%; crm rinse.
Prestige Brands, Inc.
Indications for NIX:
Treatment of head lice.
Adults and Children:
<2mos: not recommended. ≥2mos: apply to washed and towel-dried hair, saturating hair and scalp. Allow to remain on hair for 10mins, then rinse. Remove nits with provided comb. Repeat after ≥7 days if living lice still observed. Wash or dryclean bedding and clothing appropriately.
Avoid eyes, inside the nose, ear, mouth, or vagina. Ragweed allergy. May cause breathing difficulty or asthmatic attack. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Skin irritation, dyspnea.
Rinse (w. comb)—2oz, 4oz (2 x 2oz)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Improving the Care of Aging Adults Living With HIV
- Infection Prevention Differs Between Small, Large Hospitals
- International Antiviral Society-USA Updates Recommendations for HIV Treatment and Prevention
- Previous Missed Appointments Predict Likelihood of Trend in Patients With HIV
- FDA Warns Against Long-Term Azithromycin Use for Some
- Identifying the Source of C difficile in Hospitalized Patients
- Antibiotics Often Unnecessary for Sacral Pressure Ulcers Complicated by Osteomyelitis
- Sensitivity and Specificity of 7 Treponemal Tests for Syphilis Diagnosis
- Automated EHR Algorithm More Effective Than Nurse-Driven Protocol for HCV, HIV Screening
- A Pan-Tuberculosis Regimen: The Debate Continues
- HCV Eradication in HIV/HCV-Coinfection Decreases Immune Activation
- Tolerability of Switching to Long-acting Cabotegravir Plus Rilpivirine From Current HIV-1 Regimen
- Time to Blood Culture Positivity Predictive of Mortality in S Aureus Infective Endocarditis
- C difficile Tied to Increased Graft Loss in Solid Organ Recipients
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd