Experts discuss the various imaging modalities for children who require diagnostic workup beyond urine culture, as well as the consequences of overusing antibiotics and antibiotic route of administration.
There has been a record number of cases of a rare paralyzing illness among children in the United States this year.
H influenzae type b and N meningitidis serogroups C and Y-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine may be safe to co-administer to infants with other scheduled vaccines.
The antiviral agent fluoxetine is well tolerated but is not effective for patients with proven or presumptive enterovirus D68-associated acute flaccid myelitis.
Cases of a mysterious polio-like illness continue to mount in the United States.
Cases of a polio-like condition that mainly affects children continue to rise this year in the United States.
Infants ≤60 days old with fever and conﬁrmed viral infections are at a lower risk for serious bacterial infections compared to infants without a virus.
A rare, polio-like condition in children is on the rise again in the United States, with 38 confirmed cases in 16 states so far this year.
A short course of oral steroids was not found to significantly improve otitis media with effusion in children.
Pediatric histoplasmosis most frequently manifests as pulmonary disease, and the highest diagnostic yields were achieved when multiple diagnostic modalities were used.
Interventions that included the distribution of simple weight-stratified guidelines for recommended blood volume and feedback to physicians were effective in optimizing blood volume culture in a PICU.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Isavuconazole Not Noninferior to Caspofungin for Invasive Candida Infections
- Dundee Severity Classification Improves Management of Patients With Cellulitis
- Three New Ebola Vaccines Demonstrate Persistent Immune Response
- Pregnant Women Commonly Refuse Vaccines
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Death From Brain-Eating Amoeba
- Prenatal Malaria Exposure Modulates Innate Immune Responses at Birth
- Best Approach to Reduce Surgical Site Infections Before Colorectal Surgery
- A Single Triple-Drug Treatment for Lymphatic Filariasis
- Cyclosporiasis Cases Markedly Higher in 2018 Than Previous 2 Years
- Mail-Based HPV Testing May Increase Access