A 10th child has died in an adenovirus outbreak at the Wanaque Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation in Haskell, NJ.
Pediatric histoplasmosis most frequently manifests as pulmonary disease, and the highest diagnostic yields were achieved when multiple diagnostic modalities were used.
No association was observed between prenatal vaccination of Tdap vaccination and an increased risk of autism spectrum disorder risk in children.
Serum antibodies against the pre-fusion respiratory syncytial virus fusion protein (pre-F) may be a correlate of protection against RSV acute respiratory infection.
Interventions that included the distribution of simple weight-stratified guidelines for recommended blood volume and feedback to physicians were effective in optimizing blood volume culture in a PICU.
The Ten Questions (TQ) screen is an effective way to screen HIV-positive children for neurodevelopmental problems in resource-poor areas.
No clear relationship was found between the average daily area under concentration-time curve and mycologic response for micafungin in neonates.
Children experience a median of 14 infections during their first three years of life, though there is large variation in incidence.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Homeopathy No Better Than Placebo for Respiratory Infections in Children
- CDC Director Says Congo Ebola Outbreak May Be Uncontainable
- CDC Updates Recommendations for Hepatitis A Vaccination for International Travel
- Long-Term HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis May Induce Significant Microbiome Shifts
- 10th Child Dies in Adenovirus Outbreak at NJ Facility
- Oral Urinary Tract Infection Treatments
- Treating Pseudomonas aeruginosa Infections: Highlights From IDWeek 2018
- Local Gentamicin Application Ineffective in Treatment of Periprosthetic Joint Infection
- High-Dose Influenza Vaccination May Benefit Transplant Recipients
- Social Medicine: The Effect of Social Media on the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- GERD Diagnosis and Management Guidelines
- Improved Care Needed for People With HIV in Prison and After Release
- Novel Point of Care Respiratory Viral Testing Service Shows Potential
- A New Nucleotide Analog Is Well Tolerated, Efficacious Against HCV Genotype 1-4
- Many Linens Delivered To US Hospitals Contaminated With Mucorales Mold