Generic Name and Formulations:
Pyrantel (as pamoate) 50mg/mL; susp; caramel-flavor.
- Human Leukocyte Antigen System Likely Plays a Role in Course of HBV Infections
- Anti-HCV Therapy Made Available in Childhood Prevents Long-Term Liver Disease
- Child Pneumonia Rate Dropped Globally From 2000 to 2015
Indications for PIN-X:
Adults and Children:
Treat entire household. <2yrs (<11kg): not recommended. ≥2yrs (≥11kg): 11mg/kg (max 1g) once.
Hepatic dysfunction. Pregnancy.
GI disturbances, headache, dizziness.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Infectious Disease Advisor Articles
- Antibiotic Use in Neonatal Settings in Need of Improvement
- Whole Genome Sequencing Use in Predicting TB Resistance
- Rapid Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing on Urine Directly Accelerates Results
- Antibiotics May Be Beneficial in Children With Prolonged Wet Cough
- Emergency Department Overcrowding Associated With Delayed Antibiotics in Patients With Sepsis
- Interferon Alfa May Decrease the Incidence of Chronic HCV Infection
- Predicative Factors for Relapse in Adult Bacterial Osteomyelitis
- Supply Updates Announced for Recombivax HBV Vaccines
- Point-of-Care Testing Methods Compared for Influenza Detection
- Success With DAA for Hepatitis C Prior to Stem Cell Transplant